WDMD [16]

As I was about tucking myself to bed, with Donney by my side, my phone beeped and the screen came on.

Who could be disturbing me from the precious sleep I'm about to have now?

I sighed and picked it up from my nightstand to read the text. It was from Levi.

My eyes widened when I saw it was from him. Was he in trouble? Did he need me? Was—

I slapped those thoughts from my head. Maybe he's even with that Claire of a human being and he's trying to rub it in my face. I'm even annoyed and disgutsed with myself for even remembering her name.

I opened the text anyway and read it.

L: QT, meet me at the Central Park, ASAP.

What could he want now?

As I stood beside my bed, phone in hand, I contemplated whether I should meet him or just ignore him. I reread the text. Well, he did say ASAP. Maybe he desperately needed my help on something. But why this late?

I made up my mind I was going to go. After all, if it was something useless, I could slap him again. And probably even break his straight nose — at least in the future, when he sees his crooked nose, he'd remember who did it and why.

Too lazy to change out of my comfy clothes, I headed to the parlor with my socked feet and furry slides.

What? They're comfortable. I took an umbrella with me. Donney hit my leg from behind and I sighed, squatting to his level.

"Sit," and he obeyed immediately. "Levi needs me. I promise, I'll be back this night. Don't move from here," I said and ruffled his fur before standing up.

I opened the door and exited the house, locking the door behind me with the keys. Outside was freezing as hell.

Thank God I wore an extra sweater. It was drizzling and I opened the umbrella to shield me from the cold drops of water.

I hummed to myself as I walked on the wet streets, trying to keep myself at ease.

I should have taken a cup of hot chocolate along with me.

I thought to myself. I was too busy contemplating whether or not to go back and get a cup when I arrived at the Central Park.

There were people crowded around something. In the middle of them, all I could make out were bright white and pink lights flashing and a huge love made out of pink roses, though I could only see the top and that's what it looked like.

I brought out my phone from my black hoodie that I wore under my navy blue sweater and sent a text to Levi, informing him that I was here.

L: Where are you? Just tell me what you can see.

C: Well, there a lot of people crowded around what I don't know. But in the middle, I see white and pink lights flashing.

That should be enough. I hit send and he replied instantly.

L: Okay. Just stay where you are.

C: That's what I've been doing for the past five minutes.

L: You know, you don't always have to be like that.

C: Shut and hurry the fuck up. I have things to do.

I send and he doesn't reply. I slid my hands into the kangaroo pocket of my hoodie, tapping my feet.

Seconds later, someone comes out of nowhere from my back and ties a material over my face, preventing me from seeing again. As I'm about to scream, my mouth is being shut by the person's palm.