WDMD [21]

Dinner went by not so smoothly, well for me because Jason was being the ass he is.

"Pass the salt," I said to Jason. It was directly in front of his left hand. He looked up at me, then smiled one of his sick, annoying smiles.

"Say please," I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm your senior," I simply said.

"But mama taught us to say please, even if we're talking to our juniors. Isn't that right, mum?" he retorted smartly.

"Okay smart-ass, pass me the salt," he looked at me expectantly. "Please," I gritted out.

"Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" he teased and slid the salt across the table. I caught it and glared at him.

I put my hand in my left side pocket and slowly brought out a small navy blue box. Levi looked watched my movements and when be saw the box in my hand, his eyes widened.

"You wouldn't," he whispered and I gave him a look that said 'Oh yes, I will.' He looked at Jason who was busy chatting away with mum and Chloé with pitiful eyes.

I opened the box and I stared back at my loving black widow. She just seems to be the best partner anyone could have. She's been with me for three months and three weeks now.

Unlike her, the others died within a span of two weeks or at most, a month.

I slid the box down my leg, the spider still inside and I watched it as it stopped right in front of Jason's palms. She climbed out and slowly made her way to his foot, then up his leg.

"Is that okay with you, Chase?" my mum asked and I snapped my head up to look at her, faster than you can say 'Coco pops'

"What?" I asked.

"I was asking if Jason and Chloé could come tomorrow because I'm going out. Because tomorrow's a Friday, I wanted them to stay with you and Levi," she explained.

"Oh. There's no problem with that," I said. I looked across the table to Jason who was now talking with Levi and I waited.

"Ow! Something bit me!" he yelled and jumped out of his seat.

"Everything bites you, Jason," Chloé said, rolling her eyes and took a bite from her chicken lap, her face already smeared with oil from it.

"I'm serious, Chloé," he scratched.

"Oh my God," Chloé's eyes widened and she dropped her almost finished chicken in her plate. "Is that a-" she didn't get to finish her sentence as he looked down at his legs and saw the spider on his shin, then he released an earsplitting scream. He jumped up and down and shook his leg, trying to get the spider off him. Others tried helping while all I did was just to laugh in my seat.

Black (my spider's name) finally flew from his leg and landed on the floor as he also fell on his butt.

"Ow," he winced in pain and looked in front of him. Black approached him and he quickly stood up and ran behind Levi.

"Stay away from me you-you hideous, poisonous arthropod!" he yelled.

Nerd.

"Chase. That's enough now. We're at the dining," my mum scolded. I stopped laughing and went to pick up my black widow. I held it in front of Jason and he screamed. I laughed so hard that I was about to fall and bent to pick up the blue box that was in front of his chair.

I walked back to my seat and sat down, putting the spider back in its box and pocketing it. "I wanted to touch it," Chloé whined and kicked her feet in the air.