WDMD [22]

Chloé was bouncing beside me as her small hand was in my slightly bigger one, Jason completely annoyed and bored at the same time and me, nervous. Why? Because we were all standing in front of the one and only Carter blah Hemsworth's house.

The main reason for my nervousness was because I don't know if I could trust him with Chloé and Jason, especially since they're hard nuts to crack. In a simple sentence; they're difficult to handle.

Levi honked, causing me to turn back. "Hurry up! You don't have all day, neither do I!"

"Oh shut up!" I retorted and rang the bell. We waited and I rang it again. The door later opened to reveal a shirtless Carter, who was evidently just waking up from his slumber.

"Well hello, sleeping beast," I teased, causing him to shoot me a glare.

"What?" he asked sleepily then released a yawn.

"We agreed on something last night, remember?" I raised a brow and he scrunched his brow, trying to remember.

"Oh, now I remember," he snapped his finger then looked beside me, first at an excited Chloé, then to Jason who was clearly against Carter babysitting them. According to him, he was "a grown man who should be given the opportunity to taste life". I had laughed at him after the mini speech he gave mum about her treating him like a kid. Mum simply replied with him being a kid since he was technically under her roof. He was seething with anger throughout our ride here and I wouldn't be surprised if I got a call from Carter today.

"I wonder how you can sleep after school. I can't," I said and he replied with a shrug.

There was a loud honking again and I glared at Levi. "I'm coming, I'm coming," I sighed then turned back to Carter.

"So I'll see you later?" I asked and he nodded. I walked away and I remembered one thing.

"Oh, and don't give Chloé more than a bar of chocolate. You do not want to know the results. Again, please put on a shirt," I warned and he gave me a confused look. I waved at him and got into the car.

"Thought you'd never leave," Levi mumbled, starting the engine.

Next stop, Gigi's Local Store.

• • •

"You must be Chase," a brunette said from behind the counter without looking up. Her hair was packed up in a high pony tail. I cleared my throat before giving her my reply. "Yeah,"

"Good, 'cause I'm finally happy to have someone that's a girl who's working with me," she looked up and smiled over-enthusiastically. "I'm Deanna and it would be a pleasure working with you." She stuck her right hand out for a handshake and I took it.

She then looked behind me and I turned also to see Levi standing awkwardly. I laughed a little at his discomfort and pulled him forward. "This is Levi. He'll be on his way out after seeing the manager." I explained.

Deanna shook her head furiously. "There's no need meeting her. She said to tell you to start work immediately you get here. I'll take it form here Levi," she directed the last part to him. He nodded his head and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek before heading out.

"I'll pick you up when you're through. Just call me," he said before exiting the store. I sighed and looked back at a smiling Deanna. "You guys are so cute," she squealed and left her spot behind the counter and appeared by my side. A brunette boy was passing in the same white and red uniform as her and she dragged him by the collar. He looked sixteen.

"Take my spot until I'm back," she said and was about leaving with me when he spoke up.

"But I'm-"

"Don't make me repeat myself," she warned in a dangerously low voice. The boy gulped and nodded his head, probably scared for his life. "Yes ma'am," and he scurried behind the counter. Deanna looked back at me with a smile on her face and I knew from that instant that I was going to like her.

"So where are we going?" I asked her when we walked through the aisles. "We're going to the store. You can't start work all dressed up like that," she pointed at my attire; a white top with burgundy jeans and black sneakers. I shrugged and we continued.

"So... I know it's not my business but I can't help but ask," she started and I glanced at her, urging her to continue. "How long have you been with Levi?" I was expecting that.

"Two years and two months. The ending of this month would make it three," I answered, not bothering to think about it. She hummed in response and opened a door that looked somehow isolated from the main store. It was as if no-one came here at all.

The room was dark when we first got in and Deanna looked for the switch before flicking it on. The room was majorly filled with wooden crates, then sacks of potatoes and bags of rice and other stuffs. There was another door at the end of the square room which had 'Changing Room' written on it. Deanna held out a folded white shirt and a red apron out for me.

When and where did she get them?

I took it from her and walked inside the changing room and swapped clothes then came out after folding my clothes and keeping them on a shelf that was provided for the clothes. I patted my apron down and packed my brown hair in a high ponytail like Deanna did.

I came out later and found Deanna sitting on a wooden crate, scrolling through her phone. She looked up when I came out. "Finally! I don't understand why girls take so long to dress," she said exasperated.

"You're a girl." I pointed out. "I do not waste time dressing." she defended, pouting.

"So you're a guy," I deadpanned. She laughed and pulled me out of the room.

Time for work.

• •

hey guise! *waves* yeah, it's me, Serena and i'm back with another boring chapter. I wrote this when it was 2:12am.

*sighs* i wrote this chapter out of boredom and i was listening to this song i just fell in love with by kygo ft parson james. it's called 'stole the show'. if you haven't heard it you should check it out. it's cool.

anyways, how was this chapter? did you like it, even though i hated it.

Lots of Love and Cheesecakes—DA