WDMD [28]

OMG!!! THANKS SO MUCH GUYS FOR HALF A THOUSAND VOTES!! Your support means the world to me and thanks for not giving up on this book even though I take a century to update and eventually update shitty chapters when I come back from the dead! LOVE YOU AND Y'ALL ARE GOLDEN!! 😘😘❤❤

• • •

At last, Levi and I dropped Clo and Jason home before she could blow my phone with her constant calls.

Exhausted, I crawled into bed without bothering to shower. Just as my eyes are about close, the lights in my room are turned on.

I let out a groan that sounded like a dying walrus and threw an arm over my eyes to block the blinding light.

"What?" I whined, turning to the opposite side of my room door where Levi stood.

"Nothing."

"Then leave," came my snappy voice. I just wanted to sleep. Is that too much to ask?

I heard footsteps coming closer, then a dip in my bed. Before I could comprehend what was going on, I was face to face with a rock hard chest which belonged to Levi.

His breathing was in sync with the steady rise and fall of his chest and heartbeat. We stayed silent for a while before he broke it.

"I'm traveling."

It took me a while to process the words that rolled off his tongue but when I did, I pushed away from him to take a look at his face. I wanted to be sure if he was serious or joking but his expressionless face told me otherwise.

"What?" I asked. Probably I was still too tired that's why I was hearing wrongly. Yeah, it had to be that.

He sighed, then ran a hand through his soft, curly black hair. "I'm leaving, QT... Next week."

"Why?"

"I talked to my mum yesterday," he started with a sight, avoiding eye contact.

"And?" I drawled.

"She wants me present for her wedding. It's on Saturday but she wants me to come on Wednesday," he explained.

"Oh."

His head snapped in my direction. "Oh? Is that all you have to say?" It wasn't meant to be harsh but the way he said it was enough for me to flinch.

Anger bubbled up inside me at the tone he used at me. I folded my arm on my chest and looked him in the eye, suddenly I wasn't feeling so tired anymore.

"So what do you want me to say?" I snapped. "It's not like I'm the one leaving."

Levi closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. After what felt like eons, he finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "It's just that this is the fifth marriage my mum's getting in and the guys keep on breaking her heart and... Argh!" He runs a frustrated hand down his face before shaking his head and looking down.

"I just want her to be happy, you know? I know I haven't been the most supportive son but the least I could do is just attend the wedding and be there for her. Even though I hate the guy, I promised my mum I'll be there. I just can't break a promise. If this is the only thing I can do to show her how much I support her, I'll do it. Sure--"

His cute rambling was cut short when I dragged the collar of his shirt and pressed my lips against his.

He was shocked before he kissed me back. I pulled away immediately he started responding and he let out a groan.