WDMD [19]

I never should have had a water fight with Carter. Right now, I'm wearing three layers of thick clothes, two layers of black socks, a duvet over me and hot chocolate beside my bed.

I sneezed. My cold just got worse. I took out a tissue from the big box beside me that's now almost empty and threw it in the floor with the other pile.

I sipped from my hot chocolate and it burned down my throat, into my system immediately making me a little bit warm on the inside.

I finished up my hot chocolate and slipped my feet into my slides. I wrapped the duvet around me and held my box of tissue in one hand and my cup in the other.

My stomach growled in hunger when I got to the kitchen and I sighed. Where is Levi when you need him?

I haven't been eating anything reasonable other than Coco Pops, hot chocolate and cookies. Is that even what you call food? Mostly because I and Levi were not on good terms and he normally makes the food.

I searched the cupboard, looking for something I could make. I saw a packet of spaghetti and took it out, taking a pot along with me.

Okay, let's get cooking.

• • •

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Oh, shut up you!" I yelled as I ran to open the kitchen back door to let the smoke escape.

I heard coughing from the parlor and Levi appeared in the kitchen, his laptop bag in one hand and another bag in the other.

"What the hell Chase?" he coughed and dropped the bags on the counter and looked for something he could use to drive away to the smoke faster so the annoying beeping of the fire alarm would stop.

After minutes of getting the smoke out, the obnoxious beeping stopped. I sighed in relief and fell on a bar stool. I took out a tissue and sneezed into it, then blew my nose and cleaned it.

"What the hell were you trying to do, Chase? Commit suicide?"

"I was hungry," I defended and sneezed again.

"So you were hungry doesn't mean that you'd kill yourself. Do you want to see; 'Girl got roasted from trying to cook' as the latest headline on the news?" he shrieked.

"At least I'd die knowing I accomplished trying to cook something and I'd die honorably," I retorted and he shook his head at me.

I sneezed again.

Come on, I'm so sick and tired of this cold!

Levi's eyes softened as he stood in front of me. He leaned in and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"You sure have a bad cold," he stated.

"No shit, Sherlock. I know I look horrible no need to tell me," I rolled my eyes and sneezed.

Right on his face.

Ha!

• • •

"They accepted!" I exclaimed and fell from the bar stool, landing hard on my butt, but I was too excited to care.

Levi turned from the stove to face me. "Really? Congratulations," he said and raised his hands to heaven, thanking God.

"Finally! Jesus thank you! Now I won't have to spend all my income on her!" he exclaimed and went back to his cooking. I chose to ignore his comment as I continued reading.

"And I start tomorrow..." I scrolled down. "From 5-7pm. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Income: $10 per hour." I read aloud. "Hmm... Not bad," I said then shutdown the laptop.

"I'm finally going to have my own source of income!" I danced around in the kitchen. Levi shook his head at me when I blew a raspberry at him.

"Stay away from me before you sneeze again," he warned and I shifted back.

I sat back down on the bar stool and talked with Levi as he cooked. When I told him about what Carter and I did to Mr. Gary, he doubled over.

"You guys are crazy,"

"It runs in the blood," was my only reply. I heard my phone ringing from the room and I escused myself before leaving.

"Hey, mum." I answered when I picked up.

"It's not mum," Jason spoke at the end of the line. His voice sounded strained. I could hear Chloé's screams from the background.

"Jason? What's going on? Why's Chloé screaming?" the questions all poured from my mouth.

"Please come home. Something terrible's happening," he whispered.

"Jason. What's going on?" I demanded loudly.

"It's mum," he finally spoke.

Levi cleared his throat from behind me and I turned around to face him. I'm sure all the color in my face had drained. He had a worried expression on his face.

"What happened to her?"

"She-she fainted,"

"Hold on, Jason. We're coming," I said and cut the call.

"It's my mother," I said and Levi didn't need to be told twice. He removed his apron and threw it on the couch as we passed the parlor. He took his keys in hand and we ran into the car. He started the engine and I breathed heavily.

"Please, let her be okay,"

• • •

Oh no! What could have happened to Chase's mum? What's your thought on the chapter? After thinking of what to write, i finally came up with this. i kept my promise glitzy12 Wattpad would be the death of me one day.

❤☑❤☑

Lots of Love and Cheesecakes—DA