WDMD [32]

"You look like shit," Carter commented when I got into the passenger seat of his car.

"Tell me about it," I agreed, letting out a yawn. I scratched my already messy hair, pulling it out from the loose pony tail.

"Here." Carter passed me a plastic bag. I took it and opened it. I sighed in content as my eyes landed on the snacks in it.

I took out the burger and bit into it, moaning in pleasure. This was the first time food was getting into my stomach.

"Thanks Carter, you're a life saver." He chuckled then started the car.

"I thought you'd need that after the Gabe fiasco," he said.

Just the mention of his name made my stomach churn. Definitely not in the good way.

I didn't answer him, instead I bit into the burger taking a large bite. We sat in silence.

"Sorry about Gabe and everything going on," Carter apologized, turning to face me.

I was only focused on stuffing my face with food and not to dwell on what happened back in the school building.

Carter chuckled when he got the hint then backed out of the parking lot.

"I'm stupid," I say halfway into the ride.

Carter faced me for a second before focusing on the road again. "Why do you say so?"

"Because I may have lost my best friend." I sighed and held my head in my hands.

"I guess I let out all the pent up frustration of having to watch over my siblings when I'm horrible at taking responsibilities, hearing the news of Levi leaving and the thought of my mother leaving plus me worrying about Gabe while he was okay the whole time, out on him. I took things too far," I admitted, resting my right elbow on the window and looking out on the road.

"It's not your fault. You're having a lot to take in at a young age so it's okay to be mad. But taking them out on someone else isn't such a good thing. He'll come by," Cater comforted.

I snorted. "Yeah right. The Gabe I know won't come by to apologize to anyone, including me."

"Then look for a way to make it up to him. Show him that you care about him," Carter suggested.

I replayed all the things I said to Gabe and how hard he must have taken them all. They were really harsh.

"I can't believe I said those things to him," I cried, burying my face in my palms.

"Hey, don't dwell on it too much."

"I can't! I feel awfully guilty right now. If only I had my anger in check none of these would've been happening right now."

Carter didn't answer. "How's your back?" He asked out of the blues.

I rolled my shoulders back. "Good."

"I can't believe he slammed you against those lockers. Damn, doesn't he know you're a girl?"

"Gabe doesn't do ladies. You get him mad, he'll beat the crap out of you. I was even lucky I didn't get punched in the face." I snorted loudly.

"If I was there, I would've beaten the crap out of him."

"Goodluck with that," I said and continued looking out the window.

Carter pulled over by the curb. "Here's your stop."

"Thanks for lunch and everything," I thanked him.

"Don't sweat it." I smiled at him. Leaning over the arm rest, I kissed his cheek.

I got out of the car and slammed the door. "Hey, Chase!" Carter yelled.