WDMD [18]

The door knob rustled and opened slightly.

"Yes. I'll be there after I have this class," Mr. Gary spoke to someone. He say his goodbye and opened the door fully.

The ropes dropped the bucket of red and yellow paints on top of him and he was clothed in feathers. His once auburn hair, now a mixture of yellow and red paint and feathers. He stood frozen for a moment before he closed the door and stepped into the class fully.

Carter poured the packet of beads in front of the class and as he tried to wipe off the paint and feathers on his face, he stepped on the beads. The door opened and his students stood at the door, shocked at what they were seeing.

They brought out their phones-typical students-and took pictures and videos.

He lost his balance and fell backwards to where the tacks were and he yelled in pain. The students made an 'ooh' sound and I and Carter flinched when he connected with the tacked floor.

He jumped up in pain and started yelling for students to remove the tacks from his back. They weren't even much.

Carter insisted that we pour everything but being nice, I decided not to and that lead us to one of our bickering.

The students just stood at the door and laughed at him as he jumped up and down. The paint underneath his shoe made him to slip and he fell hard on his butt.

"Ouch," I said. Carter was already on the floor dying of laughter. His face was red and tears fell down his face. He slapped his hand on the floor a couple of times as he laughed, then rolled over.

Mr. Gary ran out of the class and I and Carter ran to the door, where the students gave us some space.

Each time, Mr. Gary lost his balance and fell on the floor. Sometimes he when he was about falling, he regained his balance. He left a trail of red and yellow splashes of paint and feathers on the white tiled floor.

Carter and I fist bumped and he smirked in victory. "That's what you get when you mess with me! You once told me orange was your favorite colour, so guess what? Yellow plus red equals orange! Come back when you find your dignity, Mr. Gary!" Carter cupped his mouth and yelled, causing the students in the class and hallway to laugh.

I shook my head and went back to pick up our bags. As we left, students patted Carter on his back and congratulated us.

I smiled like I had won a billion bucks and we strolled proudly on the hallway, stepping over the paints.

Nothing could bring my mood down.

"Carter Derrick Hemsworth and Chase Qatar Lynn! Report to the principal's office immediately!" the metallic voice from the speakers on the hallway yelled.

Guess I spoke too soon.

Oh, shoot!

• • •

"That'd be all for now. Helena will take you guys there," Mr. Rowan waved us away as he scanned through the pile of documents on his scattered desk.

We both exited his office, obviously not sorry for our actions.

Helena stared us down and she sighed. "Chase, what will I ever do to you?" her face brightened up immediately and gave me that her sweet smile she had given me a month and few days ago, which was the last time I had seen her.

Like I said; it irritated me. I've been so used to seeing her frowning face that she looks like a whole new person when she smiles.

She walked out from behind her desk and led us to the janitors closet. I walked faster and caught up with her pace.