WDMD [24]

This in Carter's point of view. I guessed some of you would want to know how his babysitting was going as well as Chase's job, so here it is. Hope you like it! :)

• Carter •

Chase's two siblings stared at me, all of us standing in silence and staring at each other. The little girl had this creepy grin on her face that never faltered while the teenage boy had a frown plastered on his face like he was born with it. Me? I stared like I was an idiot. I ran a hand through my hair.

"So... what's your name?" I asked the girl. "I'm Chloe," she replied almost immediately like she was expecting me to ask her what her name was.

"And you?" I looked up at the teenage boy who had a frown on his face as he looked ahead of him. He looked at me and in a split second he went back to staring into space.

Okay, then.

"That's Jason. He's not usually like this. He was just angry that my mum forced him to come here but since he's a teenager and he has friends, he thought it would be better for him to stay at one of their places but mum said no," she rambled.

"Uh... OK."

I scratched the back of my head nervously. You could say that I had no idea on how to take care of children. Hell all I do is sit and watch Disney princesses with my little cousins.

"Daniel! Give me back my doll!" I heard one of my cousins, Danielle scream in a high pitched voice.

Speak of the devil.

The two eight year olds that looked alike ran into the living room, a frown on Danielle's face and a victory smile on Daniel's face. Seriously, why did they name them Daniel and Danielle? Sometimes it's confusing.

"What now?" I sighed as I turned to the two of them.

"Daniel won't give me back my doll!" Danielle whined and stomped her feet.

"It's not with me!" he defended with a sly smile. That sneeky little demon.

Not really in the mood to sort their differences, I introduced them to Chloé and Jason.

"Daniel and Danielle, meet Chloé and Jason," I pointed at each of them respectively. I switched on the television.

"You guys can watch whatever you want. The other parlor is down the hallway, first door to your right. The kitchen's over there," I pointed at the wooden door with a sqaure glass at the top, "help yourselves out and feel free to meet me in my room. Third door to your left." And with that I walked upstairs to continue my sleep.

Before going to my room, I made a beeline for Loraine's room. She's my cousin. I knocked on the door and she called out a 'come in' before I entered.

She laid on the bed, her blonde hair sprawled all over the bed and phone in her hand. "Chase's siblings are down. I don't know how to take care of kids so I need some advice."

She sat up on the bed and gave me a bored look which was practically the way her face was all the time. I wondered how she made friends. Honestly, if I were her classmate I'd be scared and never glance in her direction.

"Carter, it's just like taking care of my siblings. Buy them candy, watch TV with them, give them food, play with them, whatever," she shrugged and laid back down on the bed.

"There's also a grumpy teenager. Go talk to him, he's not my business," I said and she raised a brow at me, not moving at all. "Plus he looks like your age mate. He could really use the company." I winked at her and she rolled her eyes.