SCENE 9.

╔══════════════╗  "you confuse me

╔══════════════╗
"you confuse me."
╚══════════════╝
SEO EUNBI

the filming day was once again successful, and i was especially really tired. i could really use a hefty bowl of ramen.

i spotted eunwoo outside after filming once again, making me wonder again why his manager never came for him.

"i'm glad you two are getting along now. have fun." my manager said, leaving without another word.

one: not really. and two: he didn't even give me a chance to say if i wanted to go to eunwoo or not—

"hey." i finally called, making my way over.

eunwoo looked to the side at me. "you're here again?"

i shrugged. "i'm tired and craving ramen. let's go."

eunwoo chuckled and we both walked to our daily convenience store, grabbing food and sitting down.

"i hope your fangirls won't attack me for being your actress-partner." i said.

eunwoo shrugged. "i hope they do."

"tch. you always put on the tough-dude facade, it's getting boring." i said.

"i don't put on a facade."

"yeah you do." i said. "if you smile more, you'd be the perfect person. and change your attitude."

"stop trying to change me." eunwoo muttered.

"i'm not." i said. "just telling you about more ways you could win my heart." i said jokingly and winked.

eunwoo stared at me like i was a maniac and scoffed. "you're delusional."

i shrugged. "anyways, why is your manager never here?"

"because i tell him not to come. i want to go out at night because i can never in the day." eunwoo said.

"must be hard. but why do you always just stand around then?"

"i.......like looking at buses."

i laughed. "okay then, i would think you'd like looking at limousines or something at least—"

eunwoo rolled his eyes. "you're so annoying."

"your insults don't hurt me." i said. "haters don't hurt me."

"yet. just wait until you're famous like me." eunwoo said.

"are you saying i'll be famous? do you think i will?" i asked, looking at him with my eyes wide and smiling.

eunwoo looked away. "sure."

"i'm looking forward to it." i said, satisfied with his answer.

"you're so weird." eunwoo said.

"why?"

"because you act irritated at me one moment and happy with me the next. do you like me or not?"

i scoffed. "don't flatter yourself. i really do hate you."

"and now you're annoyed."

"i'm not annoyed!"

"yes, yes you are."

/

"i like walking at night too." i said, looking at my side to see eunwoo walking deep in thought.

"yeah."

we continued walking in silence—but a comfortable silence.

i suddenly saw bright lights from behind me and whipped my head around, to see a fast-moving car coming straight at me.

i didn't have much time to react—it was going way too fast. i braced myself for the impact, but a hand wrapped around my waist, flinging me out of the way. the car missed me completely.

i hit the ground with a PLOP!, gasping at what had just happened, or almost happened. i looked up to see eunwoo staring at me, a slight anger in his eyes. he just saved me. i could've died just then and there.

"yah." he started. "you have to be more careful! that car almost hit you, and you didn't even budge!!!" he shouted.

i opened my mouth to say something, but i was more surprised at how angry eunwoo looked, rather than how i was almost just hit by a car.

"if i wasn't here, you'd probably
be hit!! what then?! you would be injured, or even worse!! everything could've been ruined for you if i didn't save you just then and there!!!" eunwoo shouted again.

i stared at him, feeling myself starting to get irritated. "and why do you care so much?! why are you so angry??"

"because." eunwoo said in frustration. "these kinds of things bother me the most. they bother me on a level that you won't even understand."

my mouth was left open as eunwoo stormed off, leaving me behind. i furrowed my eyebrows and angrily stood up, rubbing my scrapped arm. eunwoo saved me, yet i still feel annoyed by how angry he was at me. am i being selfish?

"i knew he was a jerk." i mumbled. "why is he so angry??! he's not the one who almost just died, is he?! IS HE???" i groaned and kicked at the ground.

"i should've never been nice to him. i tried to be nice and this is what i always get."