SCENE 19.

╔══════════════╗  " please don't talk to me ever again

╔══════════════╗
" please don't talk to me ever again. "
╚══════════════╝
SEO EUNBI

"It's the ceo of WQ incorporations."

"...the hell is that??" i asked.

"you don't know?? are you living under a rock??"

"why would i know???"

"it's one of the biggest and richest companies in korea!!" my manager said in a frustrated tone. "not entertainment, a business company. they own so many buildings around korea—"

"okay, okay. well why the hell do they want to meet with me??" i asked. "are they a fan??"

"beats me, eunbi. but let me tell you, this guy is important. even one of the higher people in korea can't even meet with him. i'll send the address, make sure you're good."

"okay, okay." i muttered. "i'm so confused though...what if i'm in trouble??"

"i don't know why he wants to meet with you either, but he sounded happy. he must be a fan."

"a rich ceo old dude is my fan???"

"i don't know!! i'm hanging up now, good luck and don't mess up or else i'll—"

before my manager could even finish, i hung up on him and groaned. "seriously...i just want to sleep."

/

a while later, i dressed as professionally as i could, taking the bus to a nearby cafe and entering. i gulped when i spotted the ceo, fast walking to him and bowing 90 degrees.

"sorry if i made you wait." i said. "hello, i am the newly debuted actress, seo eunbi."

"i know. nice to meet you, sit down sit down."

i parked my butt on the seat across from this 'rich ceo'. he looked rich, obviously, with his probably 5 million dollar gucci tie and with a fancy louis vuitton wallet. tsk.

"you're probably wondering why i wanted to meet you, eunbi-ah."

i slightly raised my eyebrow. he's not using honorifics?? i must be a peasant compared to him.

"yes." i nodded.

"you don't recognize me?"

i hesitated, not knowing what to say. "the...the ceo of the richest company in korea...?"

mr. rich ceo let out a chuckle. "you really don't?"

"s-sorry?" i was confused.

"my full name is seo hongmin."

a fake smile went up to my face. "that's funny, we have the same last name. nice to meet you." i was suddenly weirded out. why did he give me his name again?? does he think, we should be, like, total chinguz now??

"eunbi-ah." mr. hongmin placed a hand on top of mine and smiled.

i stopped myself from pulling my hand back. a big no no in my books if you weren't rich and important, sir.

"you really don't recognize me?"

i shook my head again.

"i'm your father."

i stopped breathing and yanked my hand back immediately. i stared at the ceo wildly—this wasn't my father. i have no father. i never had a father.

"no...you're not." i whispered.

"i am." he said, his eyes full of expectation, like i would be happy.

i was the exact opposite.

"i don't have a father." i said. "i don't remember you, or mom, or anybody else in my life before i was left behind."

"you were too young to remember." he said. "i remember the day me and mina had to leave you. we visited you—in secret, and saw how you grew up. now you're an actress, it makes me proud."

i let out a nervous chuckle. "then why didn't you take me back? did you know that i was neglected multiple times wherever i went? did you know that nobody wanted to become my family?? did you see me in the orphanage alone?? did you really see how i grew up??" i blurted, my anger multiplying by the second.

"...we did." he said. "but it was for the best. look how you grew up. aren't you ready to come back to the family? it'll make your debut even more successful."

that bothered me even more—i wasn't even bothered at this point, i was seething in anger.

"you only want me back because i'm suddenly an actress? you only want me back because now, i'm somewhat irrelevant??"

"...that may be the case, but not in those words, there's no need to raise your voice at me. i am your father—your real father. come back to the family, come to WQ incorporations." he said.

i let out a long and frustrated sigh. "why didn't you take me back before? before i grew up? why didn't you take me back, even when you saw how much i was suffering??"

"......" the man simply pursed his lips and looked at the table.

i scoffed. "if you're not going to tell me, i'm going to leave." i stood up.

"seo eunbi." he said sternly.

"don't use that tone on me. you never raised me, you never wanted me, so please, please, just leave. don't mess with me and my life, i was doing fine before. and let me stay that way." i said, turning on my heels and finally walking away.

i was so frustrated. i wasn't going to blow up. i wasn't going to show that this bothered me at all.

i clenched my fists and silently walked down the street.

why didn't they take me back?

why didn't they want me?

what did i do wrong?