SCENE 22.

╔══════════════╗  " let me explain

╔══════════════╗
" let me explain. "
╚══════════════╝
SEO EUNBI

I was feeling a lot better than last night now. i should've known better than to take those pills. i should throw them away.

"eunbi-ya." eunwoo called. "are you going to explain to me what happened yesterday or not?"

"eunbi-ya." i mocked.

eunwoo gave me a stoic expression. "answer me!"

i rolled my eyes. "fine, i'll tell you." i said, sitting on the ground with my back leaned against the couch, and eunwoo joining me soon after.

his attention was fixed on me, ready to hear the story.

"i grew up in an orphanage," i said.

"i heard about that." eunwoo said.

"yOu did??"

he nodded. "me and your manager are basically best friends now."

i rolled my eyes. "that man..." i cleared my throat. "anyways, i grew up there not knowing my parents."

"but suddenly yesterday, i met with someone." i said. "do you know who it was?"

eunwoo cocked his head to the side. "who?"

"the ceo of WQ."

eunwoo's eyes widened. "what?? the richest man in korea? even higher ranked people can't see him—"

"i know, i know." i said.

"he's my dad."

eunwoo's eyes widened, and his jaw dropped. "are you serious??"

i nodded. "he said he was ready to take me back into the family now. because i am gaining popularity."

"that's...." eunwoo narrowed his eyes. "low."

"i got upset because it's frustrating knowing that i could've had such a nice time growing up as a kid but i only faced rejection after rejection, you know? my parents saw that too, yet they still left me." i said and frowned. "nobody wanted me."

"that's why you were saying that yesterday..." eunwoo muttered glumly.

i looked at him. "saying what?"

"you kept muttering things like, 'why didn't you want me?? or why do you hate me??' and i thought you were asking me that." eunwoo chuckled.

i laughed. "and what did you say back?"

eunwoo grinned and leaned in a little. "that's a secret." he whispered.

i rolled my eyes. "you probably cursed me in my sleep."

"i probably did." eunwoo said.

"anyways, i told him to leave me alone." i said. "i won't let it bother me anymore and forget about him."

"...they don't deserve you anyways." eunwoo said. "i heard bad things about that family. apparently, their son is a spoiled brat who doesn't care about his own duties or anything else."

my eyes widened. "i have.....a brother?"

eunwoo let out a sigh and nodded. "you must feel really heartbroken right now. i'm sorry, eunbi."

"there must've been a reason they didn't want me." i muttered, my mood suddenly dropping again.

eunwoo tucked a loose hair behind my ear. "shall we make up the childhood you missed out on, then?" he asked, his eyes sparkling with anticipation.

i looked at eunwoo and raised my eyebrow. "what do you mean?"

"hm...like going to parks, watching movies, going on trips." he said. "i'll do it all with you."

my heart warmed and i smiled. "so you can be this nice..."

"obviously." eunwoo said. "my life is boring anyways. i get lonely without friends, especially now that i don't really talk to the astro members anymore."

i frowned. "i would never think a person like you would care about being lonely."

"everyone, even me, can get really lonely sometimes."

/

eunwoo suddenly turned to me abruptly. "eunbi. you can tell me anything that's on your mind, whenever you need to."

i raised my eyebrow. "why?"

"because we live in the same place now. we should have each other's backs. i'll make sure you cry a lot, don't worry." he said jokingly.

"when you say mean things like that you really mean the opposite." i said. "is someone growing a crush on me~?" i asked in a teasing voice.

"never." eunwoo said, flicking my forehead before getting up and running away.

i chuckled. "i don't believe it."