Chapter Seven

A/N: Oh my god. Can I please say THANK YOU FOR OVER 100 READS? You guys are awesome! Thank you so much!

Blair's POV

We got to Agent Burke's, I still wasn't sure if I was allowed to call him Peter so I stuck with Agent Burke, house a few moment later. From what I could see on the outside, it looked much nicer than where I used to stay. I doubt any druggies would be sleeping on their house's steps anytime soon.

Neal knocked on the door and suddenly waves of anxiety flowed over me. I was going to stay with strangers. I didn't like strangers. They always made me uncomfortable to be with them for more than a few minutes.

But the woman who answered the door looked friendly enough. She wore a smile and had long brown hair, lighter than mine, and blue eyes more dull blue than mine but still sparkling.

"Hi! You must be Blair. I'm Elizabeth, I'm so glad for you to stay here for a while." She moved out of the doorway to let us in.

"Hi. Uh thanks?" I wasn't quite sure what to say.

"I'll show you your room." She was quite enthusiastic. She led us to a small room with a bed and dresser in it. I assumed it originally had been posing as a guest room since all the colors were a neutral gray and it was undecorated.

I put my bags on the bed. It felt weird to have so many people be looking at me. I was used to working behind the scenes. "Well, Uh, thanks again." I said to Elizabeth, secretly hoping I'd be given a moment to be alone.

She seemed to understand as she and Neal backed out of the room, shutting the door behind them.

I flopped over on my bed and stared at the ceiling. When I was told that the FBI needed my help, I thought I'd be solving crimes right away and stuff. I guess I forgot about the "Where would I live" part.

Should I unpack the small amount of clothes that I had? Or should I just leave them in suitcases? I had been without adult supervision for way too long. I couldn't even remember what good family etiquette was. Not that I ever had a perfect family, even when my mom and dad were alone.

I decided to go with the option of unpacking because I was going to live here.

While Unpacking my bags, I wished I had at least a CD player, or a CD for that matter, to listen while unpacking. I find everything boring without music.

Once I had finished unpacking, I headed down the stairs to find Elizabeth, Neal and Agent Burke sitting at the table discussing something.

They all greeted me and I sat down at the table.

"Thanks again Agent Burke, Elizabeth." I said.

"Hey what about me?" Neal asked jokingly.

"I do recall that you don't live here."

"Even though he still sometimes shows up for breakfast." Agent Burke muttered.

Neal shook his head in disbelief. "You are still not over that are you?"

"No."

I laughed at the grown men who were arguing. Quite entertaining if I do say so myself. Elizabeth caught my eye and smiled. I could tell that she found it as entertaining as I did.

"I hate to interrupt this," I cut in. "But when are we going to solve the case?"

A round of laughter went around the table while my face stayed at motionless as it was when I asked the question.

"Already settled then?" Agent Burke asked, still smiling.

I waved away the question. "Yea, Yea, whatever."

He seemed uncomfortable with my answer but didn't confront it. "Tomorrow we'll start. Is that alright?"

Tomorrow? But I was so ready now. What could I possibly do until then?

I got up. "I'll be back."

"Wait, where are you going?" Agent Burke asked.

Shrugging, I replied. "I don't know yet. You can find out on my tracker." And left the house with a wave.

Since I had no idea what I would do or where I could go, I decided to just wander around the city for about three hours until I got a call on my phone.

Neal's number showed up on the screen.

I pressed answer. "Hey Neal, what's up?"

"Where are you?"

"I thought that's what my tracking anklet was for."

"Haha very funny. Peter wanted to know where you were."

"Why'd you call me instead?"

"Because he asked me to. Just answer the question please, Blair."

I smirked even though I knew he couldn't see me. "I'm right across from Carter's Starbucks. Did you and Agent Burke want me to get you some or...?"

There was a pause on the end and then I heard Neal ask Agent Burke if he'd want Starbucks. "Yea, sure actually. French Roast for Peter. None for me."

"No? How sad. But anyways, I'll be back to Agent Burke's house in like... half an hour. Maybe."

"Come to mine instead. The address is-"

I cut him off. "I've researched you, Neal. I know what your address is. See you in a little while." I ended the call and took a deep breath. I know I've only been out of jail for about a day but it would still be weird seeing Carter for the first time in a few months.

What would I say to him? Would he still be disappointed in me? Probably, but I can't worry about that.

I walked across the street to Starbucks, went in and ignored the surprised looks from my old co-workers. I was about to order for myself and Agent Burke when Carter came in the room.

"Blair?" He still looked the same as three months ago except for the dark shadows under his eyes. I wondered what I'd missed in his life. "What're you doing here?"

"Getting coffee. Oh and I'd like a venti French roast and a venti Caramel Ribbon Crunch frappe."

Carter waved his hands in a stopping motion. "No, no, no. I meant how are you out?"

"I was released." I handed him a twenty dollar bill. "Is this enough?"

"Yea that's fine, but stop changing the subject."

I put a hand on the counter. "Listen. I just came here to get coffee, not catch up."

"Whoa, what happened?"

Was this really coming from the person who visited me only once while I was in prison? "Never mind." I walked away from the counter, leaving the twenty dollar bill.

I should've come to a different Starbucks instead.