Chapter 2

~ You'll be back ~

We walk back to the break room and I sit Bill down in a chair at the table while I walk over to the fridge.

"Do you want anything to drink? We have some water, there's juice, and some iced coffee."

"Water is just fine, thank you" He says as he looks around the room. Anywhere but me, that is.

"So, Bill, right?" He nods. "Who's that lady that's with you, and what happened?" I ask calmly as I sit across from him and put the water in front of him.

"She... she's my girlfriend. And uh... nothing happened. What happened to you? Your cheek is red?" He asks.

My eyes widen and I walk over to the mirror in the room and I become even more shocked.

"Uh... nothing. This has been happening all my life. I'll just get random scratches, bruises, and more." I turn around and face him again.

"Anyways. That's all I wanted, you can go if you'd like." I say as I lean against the wall and cross my arms.

When I mentioned him going, his eyes widened and his small smile turned into a frown. He gets up and slowly walks out to the main room, closing the door silently. I look down at my shoes feeling bad about his attitude changing so suddenly.

Was it something I said?

I walk back out and see him standing by the girl again, only this time it looked like he was in pain. The grip on his arm looked as if he was a toy and the girl was a selfish toddler being asked to share.

I scoff and walk back over to the stack of books on the table to put them in their proper place... which was also close to Bill and his 'girlfriend'.

As I'm putting the books away I catch some of their conversation so like anyone else, I start to listen.

"What did you talk about?"

"Uh, Nothing. He just asked if I was okay..."

"Mhm. Whatever, I'm still punishing you when we get home for going with him"

"W-What?! Why?"

"You heard me. Go find your stupid books you wanted, that's why we're here."

I stopped listening after hearing his footsteps come near. I hear him sigh and a thud, so I turn around and see him sitting on the ground near the table.

"Everything okay?" I ask politely, but a bit too loud, scaring him and making him jump.

He looks over at me then calms down and looks back at his feet.

"Everything's just... peachy" he sighs and lowers his head.

Being the decent human being I am, I go and sit beside him.

"Look. I may be wrong with what I'm thinking, but if you need help, I'm here everyday from 10 to 5. I can give you my number too if you want." I whisper, looking over at him.

He raises his head and gives me a small smile, making me smile back.

"I'd like that very much..." He says, reaching down into his pocket to get his phone. He hands me it to put my number in it, and I do so.

"You can text me anytime"

"I'll do that."

"BILL! HURRY UP, WE'RE LEAVING" I jump as I hear the witch he calls a girlfriend yell for him.

"Sorry you couldn't get any books... I kinda distracted you" I say, rubbing the back of my neck, embarrassed.

"It's alright. I don't read. I just buy books to get away from her..." I giggle at that, making him laugh as well.

Wow, his laugh is cute... Stop that Dipper! He's taken!

He stands up and waves to me before walking back to the door. I smile and wave back before looking down at my shoes.

You'll be back... I know it...

••••••••••

Sorry, kinda short, I know. But yeah, here's the second chapter. I hope you enjoyed it