Chapter 12

The loud slam of the front door causes me to jump from my nap before I rub away the sleep from my eyes before slowly standing up from the floor.

"Bill? Are you ready to go?" I hear the call of Dipper's voice from the bottom of the stairs.

I let out a short gasp as I remember I have to have dinner with them.

"Shit," I curse under my breathe as I quickly brush away the wrinkles in my shirt and run to the dresser to find some better suited pants for the occasion.

"Uhhh almost! Where exactly are we going, so I know what pants to wear?" I call out the door way as I root through all the pairs of pants in the old wooden dresser drawer.

"Just wear some jeans, that will be fine!" I hear his chipper voice call out, probably from the living room couch as I silently panic.

Rushing down the stairs as I comb my hair down, almost falling on my ass in the process, I make my way down and meet Dipper. Looking him up and down, I smile at him as I remember why I'm doing this.

"You look wonderful, Bill, I don't understand why you were so worried." He says as he slowly walks over and fixes the collar of my shirt slightly as he smiles up at me with a soft gaze from those honey colored eyes.

I stutter out some broken words before just letting out a hushed, "thanks" and rubbing the back of my neck shyly.

"Now, let's get going, Grunkle Stan can't wait to get some food. He gets very... strange when hungry." He trails off as he talks, pulling me out the door with a hard tug of my hand as he interlocks his with mine.

I flop down onto the passengers seat as Dipper softly sits down and pulls the seat belt of his chest with ease. I fumble with the belt before buckling it with a soft click, looking out the window, I watch as the house slowly moves farther away as we pull out and Dipper drives is to where we will be meeting the others.

Pulling into a restaurant parking lot, I look around and my gaze lands on Mabel talking to the Grunkles as they stand against the car. Dipper quickly spots them as well and pulls in close to their car; and with a quick click of the button, Dipper is un-buckled and out the car door. I slowly follow suit and open my door, as I step out I make eye contact with Ford and get goosebumps at the cold stare I get from him. My eyes flicker over to Stan and see him give me a nod of his head in recognition to my presence. I give a small smile in return as I walk up to stand beside Dipper who is talking with Mabel about reservations and all that boring stuff.

"So you mad reservations, and you got us a seat near the bathroom Incase grunkle stan needs it, but you also got us a booth because Ford hates hard seats right?" I hear Dipper pester the girls with multiple questions as she rolls her eyes.

"Yes, Dip stick, I got it. We can go in now!" She cheers as she grabs a hold of Stans wrist and they both run in to get the best seat.

Dipper turns to both Ford and I and leads the way as we both walk in silently, clearly awkward as hell.

Sitting down on the inside of the booth, Dipper slides in next to me and Ford slides in after. Thankfully Mabel scored us the big booths that can fit a lot of people. The waitress quickly comes over to grab our drinks and Mabel makes small talk with stand while Dipper turns to Ford and talks about stuff he does at work; while I twiddle my thumbs and just zone out until the drinks come and I start to sip at it and zone out again.

"Bill?" I hear Dipper call my name which snaps me out of my daze before I see that the whole table was looking at me.

"Suh?" I say, confused and slightly embarrassed.

"Ford asked you what you do for a living?" He said calmly as he looks over and motions to Ford.

"Oh, I basically do the same thing as Pinetree over here. I write." I say cooly as I make eye contact while answering his question.

"Ah, so you both have something in common, that's good. Now, if I remember correctly, you didn't answer my question as to what your relations to my Great Nephew is..?" He says calmly as he looks me up and down.

"Uh.. uhm well actually I'm his—" I stutter out but just before I can finish, the waitress comes back to grab our orders causing me to let out a sigh of relief.

Dipper looks over to me with a shy smile, probably relieved I didn't get to answer as well.

The nights goes on smoothly and before we even know it we all finish up and pay. After bickering over who pays, I just hand the sweet waitress my card. Hearing everyone huff, I chuckle before sitting back in my seat.

"Just so you know Bill, Poindexter here is just trying to be a know-it-all and is trying to scare you. We know your relationship with Dipper, Mabel told us on the way here. It's totally cool." He says and my jaw drops while all the color in my face drains.

Looking over to Ford, he crosses his arms and shrugs before saying, "it's true."

They all laugh while I sink down into my seat with a blush across my face.

Jerks...

________________

Somebody order the burnt salad? Anyways Hi, it's me the gay! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I suddenly just got some inspiration! Also, I'm blonde now!

 I suddenly just got some inspiration! Also, I'm blonde now!