Chapter 3

I know, sorry, I haven't updated in like a month. I've been busy, and going through stuff. I'm back now, and schools out so no more distractions!
___________________________________

I finally finished my shift at the bookstore and I was locking up because Maria had to "do stuff"... and by do stuff she means fuck the dude she's stealing from some innocent girl while she's out of town.

Anyways, I was locking the door and walking out, noticing there weren't as many people walking by like usual. It was quiet, making it a peaceful walk ahead of me. My phone vibrated in my pocket causing me to stop and look at it to see what it was.

Unknown number:
Hey, it's Bill... :)

I smile seeing who it is and decide to just respond with a simple "Hey! :)"

I put my phone back in my pocket after plugging my headphones in for the walk home.

~Time skip~

I walk up the drive way to my door and put the key in the lock and turn it to open the door to my small home.

My phone starts to ring, scaring me from the quiet. I get it out of my pocket and see it's Bill calling. I furrow my brows, wondering what he needs, but answer anyways.

"Hello?"

"D-Dipper? C-Can you call the cops?" I hear yelling in the background and banging on what sounds like a door.

"What's wrong? And what's your address?" I ask, trying to stay calm for Bill to make him feel better.

"It's my girlfriend... I told her I wanted to break up and she just blew up on me. She pulled a knife from the knife block and started trying to come at me."

My phone buzzes and I see it's Bill that texted me an address.

"Is this your address?"

"Yes. Please hurry..." I hear his voice crack, making me start to worry.

"Did she hurt you?"

"N-No..." I can tell he's lying.

"Where did she hurt you, Bill?"

"Just please call the cops"

Then, he ends the call.

I quickly call the cops and send them over. I slam my phone on the couch and bolt out of the house, closing the door on my way out. I run to my car that I rarely use because I'm broke and don't have a lot of money for gas. I quickly drive to the address Bill sent me to try and get there without getting caught by the police.

I'm about to pull up when I feel a sharp pain in my bicep. I look down and see a deep cut in my arm. I gasp and pull up on the curb to look at my arm.

How the hell did I get this?

I look up and see an ambulance and 2 cop cars pull up, making me feel less stressed for Bill.

I see his crazy girlfriend later be pulled out of the house in hand cuffs. She was thrashing and trying to get away.

I smile and jump out of my car to get to Bill as he's being helped out by the paramedics. I see he has a gash on his arm bleeding, and I look down at my arm seeing a very similar cut.

My eyes widen and I just shake my head, trashing the thought in my head as fast as it came.

I'm stopped while trying to get to Bill by another Paramedic telling me I should let them check out my arm. I allow it and sit on the ambulance tail end next to Bill while he gets checked out.

The paramedics look at each other then back at Bill and I. They look at each other again and smile wide.

The girl working on Bills arm whispers something into his ear, causing him to blush and look at me. I don't notice him as I look away, jealousy visible on my face.

I want to be the only one to make him blush like that.

I look back at Bill and see him frowning. I question why; that girl paramedic was making him smile before.

I look down and see the guy was done fixing up my arm and Bill was done being tended to as well.

"So, Do you think you'll be fine, or would you maybe... like to come over to my house for the night? So you don't have to think about what happened! Only if you want to though..." I ask, cautious to not make him do what he doesn't want to.

"Sure." He says with a genuine smile on his face, looking at me with an emotion I couldn't tell.

I smile and show him to my car; I help him into my car and close the door for him. (Fucking got ear raped by the song I was listening to while writing "close the door" 😂💀)

I walk over to the other side and start the car to get home.

~Time Skip~

I helped Bill into my house and I showed him around. I smile at him when I show him my room.

My eyes widen when I realize there's only one bed.

"Uh, I'll sleep on the floor, and you can sleep on me bed." I say, rubbing the back of my neck while looking at my feet.

"I'm not gonna make you sleep on the floor in your own house. We can share the bed if you want?" He asks, sounding extremely calm for the request he just made.

"I- Uh... sure; if you're fine with it..." I stutter out, feeling my face get warmer by the second.

I look up and see Bill walking around the room looking at everything. Bill gets to the box of pictures I still haven't found a place for. The top one was of me and Mabel hugging after graduation. I smile remembering that day.

Bill picks up the picture and looks back at me with his pointer finger hovering over Mabel's face.

"Who's this?" He asks, with curiosity shining in his eyes.

"That's my sister Mabel. She lives down the street. I was gonna see her tomorrow if you wanted to come with me?" I question, looking up at him, with a small smile on my face.

"I'd love too! But first we should get to bed." He uttered while walking towards the bed.

"Oh, by the way. Do you want anything to change into?" I request.

"Uh... no I think I'm good," He says.

"But if you need to get changed I can leave for you." He smiles at me, walks over to me.

"Nah, I'll be fine. Just... turn around?" I whisper, looking around the room.

"Sure." I hear him laugh after getting my request.

I quickly change and get into bed will Bill next to me.

"Good night, Bill."

"Good night, Dipper"

____________________________

Hey everyone, it's 5 am and I'm still up so have this