Chapter One : First Day

• One : First Day
[MONDAY - August 7th, 2017]

BAYLEY was awoken by her alarm she set on her phone the night before. Today was the first day of school and she was not excited.

The reason she moved from her old school was because of her mom's job. Leaving behind her friends, boyfriend, job and basically her whole life.

She sighed and pushed the sheets off her bottom half, getting up from her bed. She had everything she could ever want. Simply, because she was an only child. She had loving parents and supportive family members.

She walked over to her walk in closet and got the clothes she decided to wear for today. She pulled her black beanie up from the ground and walked out of the closet closing the door behind her.
-

She walked down the stairs and her parents were having breakfast she sighed and sat down with a small pout on her face.

"Good morning." Her mother said and Bayley looked up from her phone and exhaled lightly before looking at her phone and back up at her mom.

"Good morning. Do I really have to go?" She asked her mother who spun around to put down the plate of breakfast when she asked that question.

"Yes. You do." She replies pointing to the plate, "Eat." She added and Bayley picked up the fork.

Before she was done there was a horn outside, "The bus is here, -" her father says and Bayley drops her fork and rolls her eyes.

Bayley sighed loud before grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl and heading for the front door. She picked up her skateboard before opening the door.

"Not gonna finish this breakfast? Take it to school, maybe?" Her father wondered looking up from his newspaper

"Nope. I'm already as nervous as it is. I don't want to throw up on my first day!" Bayley yelled before leaving and getting on the waiting school bus. Everyone looked at her weirdly before she found a completely empty row. She smiled to herself and sat down.

The bus jolted from side to side as they made their way to school. Bayley didn't know what to expect as she entered the school doors. She sighed and pushed the doors open. Of course people stared at her and it was annoying.

She stopped near the office and got her schedule. She looked away for a moment while the woman got her schedule and she spotted a girl with purple hair.

Weird. Can't judge for expressing yourself, I guess. She thought to herself. She kept staring at this girl until she was snapped out of it by the secretary.

"Thank you." Bayley said before walking away with her schedule in hand.

Crowds of students walked pass and she asked many people to show her where room 12A was. None of them stopped. She saw a blonde, orange haired and the same purple haired girl earlier from earlier all talking.

Orange too? What the heck? Not judging. Not judging.

"Can one of you show me where room 12A is?" Bayley asked and the blonde pointed to her right. There were so many doors in this hall.

"It's that way." She said and Bayley smiled before thanking her and walking down the long hall.

They all snickered but, Bayley didn't hear. She got down the the end of the hall and she did not see 12A. She became very confused quickly. The bell rung and the hallways cleared very quickly. She heard the clicking heels nearing her.

"Hey you!" She spun around to look in the face of a woman who had a walkie talkie on her side and red lipstick smeared on her face.

Some kind of authority figure, huh?

"Hi um, I'm looking for my class.. I'm new here. 12A." Bayley stammered as the lady glared at her.

"12A is right around that corner, up the stairs. Hurry." She spoke quickly and Bayley thanked her before running up the stairs. She ran into the class and saw the same girls from earlier.

"Sorry." Bayley said as her hair flew in front of her face which she quickly brushed away.

"Make it your last.." the teacher said and Bayley walked to her seat. She glanced back at the girls who laughed at her. She sighed and turned forward to face the teacher.

If this is how it's going to be, I'm in for a long year.

___________

I am re-writing all old books except Written In Red. That one may be deleted.

- 🕊