Truth be told

"Uncle Panchito? You stopped in the middle of your sentence." Huey looked at Panchito, his mouth was agape and looking Donald and Dewey's way.
José eyes were also wide. "The spear of Selene.." He muttered under his breath.
"Spear of Selene? Louie is that something from your video games?" Huey said, eyeballing him.
"Never heard of it. Maybe check your nerd book?"
Huey glared at him. "It's called a Junior Woodchuck guidebook!"
Louie rolled his eyes as he waited patiently.
"No there's nothing in here about the Spear of Selene!" Huey slammed his book down on the table.

Donald looked at Huey, then back at Dewey. "Who told you boys about the Spear of Selene?"
Dewey fidgeted nervously. "W-Webby and I found out about it at Scrooge's archives.. but I never told Huey or Louie about it."
Donald turned to look at Scrooge, but he wasn't there, he probably retreated back to his room.

"The Spear of Selene means nothing in this house." Donald huffed.
"B-But what about mom? Did it have something to do with her?"
Everyone looked at Dewey like he just fired a gun.

"Wait a minute. You two knew something about mom and you didn't tell us?" Huey was starting to get angry.
Louie stayed silent. Blinking back a tear.

"We didn't want to tell you until we knew for certain what happened! It was for your own good!" Webby defended Dewey.

"Friends don't make secrets and secrets don't make friends, Webby." Louie shot back.

Webby stiffened her posture. "Speak for yourself, Louie! You know how much I want to be included in your brotherly secrets or whatever!"

"Amigos let's settle down-" Panchito started to say, then realizing he had know idea what to do. He looked at José for support.

"The Spear of Selene." José said.
Donald cleared his throat, loudly, as if he was telling José to shut up.

"The Spear of Selene." José repeated.
"It's time they know." He looked directly into Dewey's eyes.
Donald was conflicted. On one hand he wanted the boys to know about their mother, yet on the other hand he didn't want it to hurt them. He stayed silent for now.

"Della Duck disappeared nearly twelve years ago. Nobody knew why. Nobody really cared. People go missing all the time."

Donald had to hold himself back. The truth really hurt.

José continued. " I was not satisfied with this. So, amigos, for the next ten years I searched for answers, clues, anything that would aid me in my search." He sighed deeply.
"I have not been very successful."

Dewey was growing impatient. "That's it? You gave up?"
"Ah you didn't let me finish, amigo." José smiled when seeing how excited Dewey got.
"I searched every book in every library I could until I finally found it. A book named, Selene: The Moon Goddess. Oh and you know what? Selene doesn't even have a spear!"
José chuckled, being the only cheery one in the room.

"She has a sphere. A little blue magical orb! Perhaps in the note Della left for Donald and Scrooge, Della made a teeny spelling mistake."
Donald perked up. "José... how do you know about the note?"

José looked down twiddling his thumbs. "Forgive me Donaldo...in the past I did a little research and looked through your stuff to see if I could find any clues."

Donald stood up slowly. "And by research you mean eavesdropping? Completely invading my privacy?" His fists clenched.
"Trust me Donald, I had to! It would help my search for Della!"

Donald scoffed. "Oh and that turned out fantastic didn't it?"
José looked up. "Meu caro amigo, why are you so afraid to find out the truth?"

"I know the truth!" Donald yelled. "She's dead! Never coming back! As if I want her to.."
José stared at his grieving amigo. He got up and put a hand on his shoulder. Smiling, he said, "Amigo... she's alive."

(Hey guys sorry I haven't updated I've lost a lot of motivation recently. It's been exactly a month oops my deepest apologies. Hope you enjoyed this chapter though! 💚)