Remembrance

The duck crew was out of breath when they reached the beach. What they saw was more than they expected.
A gigantic and futuristic aircraft sat on the beach. From the looks of it, they made a crash landing. The futuristic door of the aircraft slid open and a figure stepped out, shielding the sunlight from his eyes with a clipboard.
"Seriously, I don't get paid enough to do these stupid rescue missions.." He muttered
Another figure stepped out. "Wow! A beach!" He admired the sandy beach around him as his colleague scowled at him.

"Remember, this doesn't count as one of your vacation days, intern."
"Look how clear the water is!" The cheerful intern said.
Huey ran up to the two unexpected guests. "Fenton? Dr. Gearloose? What are you guys doing here?"
Gyro pushed up his glasses. "On a rescue mission for you kids. I swear, there are plenty of other things I could be doing right now." He held his clipboard and a pen. "Anyway, I assume everyone is here, correct?"

Huey looked back at his Duck family. "Well.. not everyone." Gyro sighed. "Great. Who's missing?"
Huey looked down at the sand. "Della and uncle José."
Gyro raised an eyebrow. "Who?"
Huey sat on a nearby rock and sighed. "It's a long story... take some notes."

José ran as fast as his legs could take him but it wasn't enough to keep up with Della's speeding feline.
He made a few stops to rest and then kept running. By the time he reached Della's location he could swear his weak lungs would collapse. After quickly scooping up handfuls of water from a small stream, he fell backwards on the ground, drained.
Della.... in the treehouse... have to get to her....

Della watched José's pathetic scene from her treehouse. She was sure that she made numerous twists and turns to get him off her tail. How did he still successfully follow her to her secret hideout? The guy was desperate that's for sure. It only made Della want to push him away even more.
When José finally regained his energy and got up, Della rolled her eyes. Give it up, stupid parrot...

José coughed harshly, even spitting out a little blood, but he shook it off. He'd come this far and he was not going to fail. He started climbing the ladder to Della's treehouse. "Della...," He said, hoarsely.
Della aimed her spear at him. "Leave me alone, creep! Your obsession with me ends here!"

José chuckled, still climbing the ladder.
Della scowled. "Idiot! You got a death wish?" She still had her spear aimed directly for his head.
José reached the top of the treehouse, facing Della. "Yes... but it will all be worth it." He smiled at her.

Della found herself frozen in her place. Something about his smile seemed warm and familiar rather than creepy as others might think. What's up with that?..

A light switch suddenly lit up in her head. The memories of her old life she suppressed were finally resurfacing. She dropped her spear and put her hands on her head. "Ugh.. my head..." Della shut her eyes.

Flashback.....

"What are you going to name them?" Donald asked his sister as she lay on the couch. Her three eggs being held by Donald.
Della shrugged. "I dunno. You name them." Donald frowned. "Della! You're so irresponsible! I swear, I'm probably going to be the one looking after YOUR kids."
Della laughed. "Sure, dude."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"José... this has to stop. You have a fiancée back home."
"Meu amor, it's an arranged marriage. I feel nothing for her."
"But... my eggs are going to hatch soon. I don't know if you can handle that commitment, José.."
"Della... I would travel across the oceans just to be with you. What makes you think I won't be there for you through thick and thin?"
"José..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You can't leave! You have three kids on the way! Are you insane, Dumbella?!"
"It's just a quick test run! Besides, aren't I an irresponsible mother just like you said?"
"Della, wait!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Della... if something goes wrong on your test flight, please take this piece of red string. I have one too tied on my pinky finger.. This way our souls will be intertwined as one. We are bound to cross paths again, whether that be in the afterlife or this world..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
COMMUNICATION WITH DELLA DUCK LOST
STATUS IS UNKNOWN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to the present....

Della let her eyes fill with stinging tears. They slowly dribbled down her cheeks. Her knees gave out and she fell to the floor, clutching her chest. Her uncontrollable sobbing was interrupted by José wrapping his arms around her. His familiar warmth eased her.

And she welcomed it.

//honestly why do I still continue this story smh 😔