Hunting

Dewey dreamed peacefully, snuggled up in the arms of Della's tiger, Trina. The warmth of her fur flowed subtly onto Dewey's feathers. It felt like the best sleep he'd ever had. Unfortunately, it was time to wake up. Dewey felt Trina stretching out her entire body. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Hey, Trina, what time is it?" He patted her head. Trina purred.
"It's almost noon."
Dewey looked at Trina. "Did you just talk?"
Someone nearby chuckled. "No, that was me, silly!" Della said. Dewey looked up to see that Della was standing in front of him with her hands on her hips.

"You slept for a long time, kid. Have any good dreams?"
Dewey stood up, stretching his limbs. "You could say that... I guess that's why I slept so long."
"No kidding. The others are awake already eating breakfast. Wanna join us for some shellfish I caught this morning?" Della smiled.
Dewey nodded. "I'm starving."

While everyone ate their serving of shellfish, José munched on some mangos and nuts he found in a nearby tree. "Any plans for us today, Della?"
Della smirked. "I was thinking... How about I teach you guys how to hunt?"
Webby gasped excitedly. "I've been waiting for this moment!"
"Are you crazy? That's way too dangerous for the boys!" Donald said

Huey took out his junior woodchuck guidebook. "I already know how to hunt. The junior woodchuck guidebook has a whole section on it."
Louie yawned. "Yeah and I think I'm gonna take another nap."
Della frowned. "Does anyone at all want to go hunting with me?"

José stood up from the log he was sitting on. "I will go. I'm not big on eating meat.. but I will go just for you." He chuckled.
Panchito finished his shellfish quickly and volunteered. "I'm going! I am well prepared to hunt." He looked down at the guns in his holsters.

Dewey begged on his knees in front of Donald. "Uncle Donald, can I pleaseeee go? This is a great opportunity for me to bond with my mom!"

Donald sighed heavily. "Fine. Stay close to Della and don't do anything crazy!" Dewey nodded. "Yes, uncle Donald!"

He ran to stand by Della. Della picked up her spear. "Well, that's that! Off we go into the ravenous jungle to hunt animals that want to eat us more than we want to eat them!"
Dewey and Webby cheered. "Woohoo!"

Donald laid his head on a log. "Launchpad, wake me up when someone is dying."
Launchpad nodded. "You got it, Mr. D."

Dewey, Webby, José, Panchito, Trina, and Della trekked through the jungle with light footsteps. "Okay, mom, when am I going to get to tame a wild, bloodthirsty beast just like you did?" Dewey whispered.
"It requires a lot of patience, young one." Della patted Trina's head. "Trina nearly killed me before I tamed her."

"Patience is for nerds like Huey, I want some Dewey danger!" Dewey climbed up a tree and jumped from branch to branch like he was a ninja.
"I want whatever energy drink he drank for breakfast this morning," José said, wide-eyed. "He's like you, isn't he, Panchito?"
Panchito nodded. "A little clone. I miss being young and full of energy..."

"You guys act like you're old. You're not as old as Scrooge though!" Webby said.
José and Panchito laughed.
Della stood there, feeling a little left out. She wished that she understood what they were talking about. She was lonely enough already before the duck crew (including José and Panchito) showed up. Now Della felt like they only thought of her as the crazy islander girl. She had nothing else to her name. She wondered what José thought of her. Why did it seem like José was the one most interested in her? What we're his motives?
At least it made Della feel special. Her heart fluttered at the thought of someone caring for her, even if it was a complete stranger. While she was distracted by her thoughts, someone screamed. Della snapped back to reality.

"Don't worry, Dewey, your best friend is coming to save you!" Webby ran to the source of the scream. José and Panchito ran after. It took Della a second to collect her thoughts. She then ran with Trina by her side.

//shoot I am very sorry for the cliffhanger.. I hope this can hold you off since I haven't updated this story in SIX MONTHS