Tarnished bonds

Dewey was dangling upside down from a tree vine. "MOOOMMM HELP!!!" He yelled.

Della rushed as fast as she could. "I'm coming, Dewey!" Then she saw him dangling. "Oh, rats.." Della jumped from branch to branch as she climbed up to Dewey.
"Mom!" Dewey saw her climbing up. Except she looked like a white monkey. "Hey, I think the blood is getting to my head.." Dewey giggled, feeling loopy.

"We're too late! We've lost him.." Webby fell on her knees in defeat. Panchito put a hand on her shoulder. "We didn't lose him, he's hanging from the tree branch!"
José shook his head at Panchito. "Webby, Dewey is going to be fine! Della has a plan."

Della didn't have a plan. She's never saved anyone before. "Um.. Dewey, do you trust me?" It was time to wing it.
Dewey nodded quickly, though this only made him dizzy. "Yes, mom! I trust you!"
Della took out a sharp piece of metal from her hair bun and started cutting the vine.

"Mom! What... are you doing?" Dewey was getting lightheaded.
"I have a feeling we are supposed to catch him.." José sighed. "Panchito, get ready."
Panchito stood alert and proud. "¡Sí!"

Snap!

Della successfully cut the vine off of Dewey's leg.
Dewey screamed as he plummeted down. "Dewey!!" Webby yelled. She looked away, fearing the worst.
Panchito came to the rescue at the last second as he caught Dewey in record time. Dewey was panting heavily, his eyes shut tightly.
"¿Patito?" Panchito looked at Dewey, worriedly. "You're alive, yes?"

Dewey opened his eyes. He immediately jumped up. "My mom and my uncle Panchito saved me!" He exclaimed. "Webby, did you see that? I almost died, but this time it was AWESOME!" Dewey excitedly rambled to a passed out Webby. Trina licked her face.

Panchito let a chuckle slip out. "The Daring Dewey is magnífico!"

José looked up at the tree. "Della?" Della climbed down swiftly. "I'll be right down! No need to worry about me- Ah!"

Della accidentally lost her footing and tumbled onto the ground. "Why does this ground feel soft..?" Then, she realized she fell right on top of José.

José looked like he had big Xs in his eyes. Della panicked. "H-Hey! Wake up, dude!" Della slapped José across the face.
"What are you two doing?" Panchito put his hands on his hips, looking at them.
Dewey eyed them suspiciously, rubbing his chin.

"I fell on him!" Della got off of José. "Did I kill him?" She asked, nervously.
Panchito snapped his fingers in front of José's face. José still didn't move. "Yes." Panchito said flatly. "We're going to have to bury him.."
José shot awake like a rocket. "Idiota! You would bury me that easily?"

Panchito smirked. "Ah, so you were pretending, señor Carioca?"
José brushed the dirt off himself. "Yes. And now I know what your reaction would be if I did die!" José started walking away from him, angrily.
Panchito followed José. There's no need to be so dramatic, mi amigo!" He shamelessly laughed at José's grumbling.

Della gave them bewildered looks. She would have to get used to their silly antics.
She felt a tug at her side. Dewey pulled on Della's dress to get her attention. "Hey, mom, be careful with that José guy.." He whispered. "I think he likes you." Dewey made a fake gagging noise at the thought of that. Webby giggled.
Della smiled. "Dewey.. He's a nice guy. After all, if it wasn't for him I'd still be on this island making friends with a watermelon."

Dewey and Webby looked at each other. "Huh?" They said in unison.  

Back at the campsite...

"Boy, am I exhausted! That was the best, first adventure with my mom!" Dewey laid against Trina, yawning.
"I think I'll lay here forever."
Della laughed. "We're not even done yet, kid! We still need to make a blood pact!"
Dewey regained his energy. "I don't know what that is but I'm in!"

Donald woke up from his long nap. "Blood pact?! No way, Dewey!"
"But uncle Donald-"
"I said no!"
Dewey crossed his arms. "You're not my dad, you know. Now that Della is here, I don't have to listen to you.."

Donald's anger was boiling. José had to step in to soothe his amigo. "Donaldo, remember the blood pact we did in college?"
Panchito snickered. "Remember when you fainted when you saw your own blood?"
Panchito and José laughed.

Donald rolled his eyes. He was calmer now, despite their teasing. In an odd way, their teasing distracted him from his anger.
Della walked closer to Donald. "Donald, let me tell you something, " Her tone grew serious. "Out in this jungle, all you know is blood. You smell blood. You taste blood. You feel blood. If you're not up for that, you better get your butt off this island."

The crew looked at Della with their mouths agape. "Della Duck is a barbarian beast? She gets cooler every second!" Webby gushed.

Louie groaned. "Hey, speaking of getting our butts off this island, when are we going home? We found Della, so can we take her and leave now?"
Della was confused. "Wait what? You came all this way for me just so you could take me home?"

Huey rubbed his temples. "Yes, Della! That's what a rescue mission is.."
Della giggled. "I don't need to be rescued. I'm perfectly fine the way I am. This island is my home! Even if it's lonely, it's my happy home."

Donald heard enough. "Dumbella Duck! You need to snap out of this delusion for the sake of your children!"

Hearing the name "Dumbella" ignited a furious blaze in Della's mind. She crouched on the ground, putting her hands on her head. Her head ached terribly. "Don't... CALL ME THAT!" She threw her spear into the tree next to Donald, missing his head by a feather.

Donald cautiously inched a step closer to Della. "D-Della... I-I'm sorry.. Just, please don't hurt me or the kids.. D-Don't hurt any of us..." He grabbed the kids and put them behind him.

José kneeled down to Della. "Della.. We're only trying to help."
Della didn't look up at José. "Why did you come here?"

José looked down at her. He didn't say a word.
"That's what I thought." Della stood up, turned away from them, and grabbed her spear. Trina stood by Della's side.

Dewey ran up to Della and pulled her arm. "Mom! Please don't leave me!" His eyes were brimming with tears. Della yanked her arm away. "I'm not your mom, kid." She hopped on Trina.
Huey and Louie went to Dewey's side to comfort him.
Panchito had to hold Donald back or else he would explode. "There goes Della Duck! Running away from everything!" He yelled.

Suddenly, a loud crash caused the earth to violently shake everyone to the ground. Once their ears stopped ringing, Launchpad pointed out that there was a trail of smoke in the sky. "Something must have crashed on the beach!"
The gang took off to investigate. José looked around for Della. "Wait! Where is Della?!"

"She probably escaped while we were distracted by the rumbling!" Webby yelled.

"I'm not going to lose her again!" José dashed into the jungle.
Panchito tried to run after him but Donald pulled him in the opposite direction. "Let them go." He said, through angry tears.

Panchito watched José disappear into the jungle. He shook his head and ran to the beach.

//uhhh so yeah that was wild