Queen of the jungle

José was the first one to talk. "Oh, meu Deus!! You're Della Duck! I have many questions for you!" He laughed nervously and blushed. "A-Ah sorry.. I realize how desperate I sound.."
Della still stared at him blankly. She wasn't fazed. "Oh, so that's my name.. Who are you, weirdos?"

José was offended. "You don't know who I am? I'm José Carioca! We met before and I'm best friends with your brother.."
"I have a brother?" The first sign of emotion showed in Della's voice.
"Of course you have a brother! It's me, you big palooka!" Donald quacked.
"What the heck did he just say?" Della scratched her head.

Panchito patted Donald's back. "Calm down, amigo. She could be suffering from memory loss.."
"No, she can't be!" Dewey yelled. "She's my mom! How can she forget her own son?"
Della sighed. "I honestly don't know anything about anything and I've accepted it. You guys are interesting, how about I show you around?"

"Yes!" José took his notepad out to take notes if necessary. Donald didn't have a reason to protest this time like he usually does. "Okay.."
Everyone else agreed.
Della jumped down from the tree, easily landing on her feet. "If only ducks could fly." She chuckled. "Alright, trespassers follow me!" Della marched on with her spear in hand. "If you look to your left you'll see a tiger sleeping soundly. If she wakes up, don't worry we're friends. Her name is Trina."

Dewey gasped. "You have a tiger too? I had one named Dewey. Jr! Like mother like son!"
Louie and Huey rolled their eyes. "Are you going to find parallels of you and her this whole time?" Huey asked.
Dewey ignored him. "Show us some more stuff, Daring Della!" Della felt like she'd heard that nickname before. She wasn't going to stop thinking about it now.
"If you look to your right you will see a waterfall that flows refreshingly into the stream. That's where I drink water and bathe. But not at the same time."

José nodded his head and took notes. "She bathes in the stream."
Donald suspiciously looked at José. "Watch it, José."
Della giggled. She didn't know she could giggle. "Up ahead you'll see a meaty boar that was caught in one of my traps! Impressive, right?" The boar hung dead from a tree with a noose tied around its neck.

"That must have been the boar that attacked Donald earlier!" José laughed. "Kids, don't look!" Donald used his right arm to shield Dewey and Webby's eyes, then the other to shield Huey and Louie's eyes as they kept walking. "You gotta prepare them for death, man. It always comes sooner than expected." Della lightly laughed.

Della continued with the tour of the jungle. She educated them on what berries were poisonous. Launchpad ate a poisonous berry causing Della to whack him on the back with the end of her spear so he could spit it out.
Della continuously taught them about the ways of the jungle. The lessons dragged on until they reached a small, simple campsite.

"And here it is! My humble home." Della's home was created using straw for the walls, tree sap to make it stick, and tree branches tied together that held up the structure. It was spacious inside, comparable to the size of a large room. 
"Why would you make your house so big if you're the only one living here?" Panchito asked.
Della shrugged. "I like the space."
"Perhaps she knew we were coming," José took more notes. "Della is smarter than she looks." He wrote into his book.
Della rolled her eyes playfully. "Whatever, parrot. Come on, I'll show you the inside."

Della took them inside. In one corner sat her "bed" made of animal hide as the mattress, and an old blanket as her sheet. Her pillow was raggedy and old with unknown stains on it. The light in the room was provided by four lanterns hanging from a long string in each corner of the room. They had to individually be lighted each time when used. Folded on the floor next to her bed were three pieces of clothing all made from the skin of animals. Next to those was a wooden chest where Della kept some of her belongings.

"Don't tell me this is all you have.." José scrunched up his beak at the simplicity of the room. Della nodded. "Most of the stuff I might of had is lost in the rocket wreckage. I don't mind though, it's simpler."
"Where's the wreckage?" Dewey perked up.
"Somewhere along the beach. Don't know if it's buried under all the sand. I could show you tomorrow if you want, kid." Della replied.

Dewey nodded his head excitedly. "Awesome! Tales of looking through the wreckage with my mom!"
"Woo-oo!" Panchito chimed in.
They both laughed.

Della smiled. These weirdos are entertaining. She felt a familial connection to them that tugged at her heartstrings.

I'm incredibly sorry to leave you hanging for 5 months.. I do like this story and I have a lot planned but I'm so lazy. :( thank you to those who have stuck with me despite my nonexistent update schedule, you rock ❤️