Chapter One

"Nice legs, Princess."

"Is it really necessary for you to cling to me like some stalker?" My stepbrother Roy said in a disgusted tone. He sped up his steps in an attempt to get away from me.

I pushed my hair out of my face. "I'm not clinging." I said in a low voice. "The sidewalk is only so big. I'm not going to walk in the middle of the street."

He didn't bother to give me a response. It was cold and I was dressed in a thin longsleeved off the shoulder top and a small leather mini skirt. My legs felt like icycles so I hustled to get to the house.

I could feel the music pumping out of the party. It was loud and obscene and I grimaced thinking about the kind of dancing that would be going on. When we got to the door, Roy turned to me with a frown on his face. "When I'm ready to leave, I'll send you a text. You have five minutes to meet me at the car or you'll be walking."

I refrained from rolling my eyes. "I'm going to be staying at Sky's tonight." I explained, thankful that I wouldn't have to deal with his bad attitude for the ride home. "We have a project due on Monday so-"

I stopped talking when he simply turned and walked into the house not bothering to listen to me. 

Roy Mason, ladies and gentlemen.

The party was in full swing when I stepped in and I immediately went to go find my group of friends. It wasn't hard. Skylar always made her self the center of attention and it was no different tonight. She sat on a fold-able table with a can of beer in her hands. Her twin brother, Tyler (I know) was right next to her, his eyes following every short skirt that walked past. Ryan was also there dressed in a silver catsuit that I knew had her freezing.

When they noticed me walking up to them I received a chorus of catcalls.

"Look at you." Tyler said eyeing me. "Nice legs Valentine."

I forced a smile. "I'm out of your league Ty." I joked pulling myself onto the table.

"so you say." He mumbled not taking his eyes off of my legs.

Sky put her hand around my shoulders. "It's about time you got here babe." She drawled. "I thought I'd just die of boredom with these idiots." She finished nodding her head towards Tyler and Ryan.

I sent Ryan a quick glance to see how Sky's comment had affected her. Though immensely beautiful, Sky could be a bitch. She was the most popular girl at Lakely High and also one of the richest. When I had moved here my freshman year, she had literally forced me to be friends with her. She said 'Us pretty rich girls have to stick together.' At the time I was just happy to have made a friend. Now four years later, I just didn't want the attention.

"Sorry." I mumbled grabbing the beer Tyler handed me and popping the cap. "Roy was being an asshole about taking me. Didn't want to be seen with me." I explained.

Sky laughed. "More like the other way around. Where's your stoner brother anyways? Prowling for weed?"

Ryan piped up. "I saw him walk by with some redhead. Kathy Green I think."

I sent her a smile as Sky laughed. "Damn Ry. Stalker much"

Ryan blushed with a smile. It was no secret she kind of had a crush on Roy. I figured it was more of a 'sheltered girl wanting to experience life on the edge' thing. Though Roy was a rich boy at heart he did drugs and got into fights all the time.

"I'm just saying what I saw." Ryan said putting her hands up in defense.

I smiled. It felt good to just relax for once and listen to gossip. Feeling the effects of the beer, I reached over to play with Ryan's thick chestnut hair.

"Already?" Tyler said with a grin. "You're such a lightweight Valentine."

I laughed feeling my phone buzzing in my pocket.

Roy:

Your mom wants you home right after. I'll let you know when I'm leaving.

My stomach dropped and I slowly lowered my nearly empty beer back down onto the table.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Sky mumbled peering at me over the top of her beer. Her light green eyes were watching my every move.

I put another fake smile on my face. "My mom's going crazy. Guess we'll have to skype for the project." I said sliding off of the table holding my skirt down.

"You're leaving right now?" Tyler whined finishing the beer I had left on the table.

"No. I just need some fresh air. I'll be back"  I said.

I made it about four steps before tears blurred my vision.

                                                                                         ~*~*~*~

I went to the garage. I was tempted to grab another can of beer but I wanted a clear head. I took deep breaths as I sat on the hood of the car parked in the garage. I couldn't have anybody seeing me like this asking questions.

It was worse. It was worse that I had been relaxed. It was worse that I'd thought I'd have a good night sleep in Sky's guest room and not have to worry about anything until Sunday. It was worse.

I frantically wiped at my eyes as I attempted to calm myself down. The last thing I needed was to have a panic attack in this dumb garage.

I looked around and nearly laughed. The garage looked like the one in Scream when Rose McGowan died.

Just as the thought crossed my mind, the door opened. I quickly sucked in a breath expecting to see some guy in a Scream costume and instead I recognized Mallory Parker. He looked stressed out with his hair messy and a lit cigarette hanging between his lips. I felt my face burning in embarrassment as he took in my appearance.

"Want one?" He said after a while, pulling out a pack of cigarettes.

I roughly shook my head rising to leave.

Mallory Parker made up one fourth of the Parker Boys. They were a group of brothers who went to Lakely High and made it a living hell. Mallory was the oldest by about a month but he made it seem like it was years. Rue and Kai Parker were two weeks apart. All three of them were seniors. Bates Parker was a sophomore and the youngest Parker. They were all adopted.

"Where ya going?" Mallory asked blocking my path as I tried to get to the door.

I tilted my head sending him a cool look while inside I struggled to get myself together. "I wanted some privacy."

He smirked blowing out smoke. "Your mascara's running princess. Problem?"

I reached over grabbing the cigarette out of his mouth. "These are bad for you." I said before dropping it on the ground.

He looked down at it before looking back up at me. "Nice legs...Princess."

I huffed before walking around him and out of the door. This night was just getting worse.

~*~*~*~

"I don't know why you have an attitude." Roy said slamming on the breaks causing me to lurch up in my seat.

I didn't bother to reply. It was two o'clock in the morning and I was tired.

"Must be hard to accept that the world doesn't revolve around you huh, sis?" He continued condescendingly.

I pulled at the ends of my skirt trying to make it appear longer.

Roy must have gotten annoyed with me ignoring him because right outside of the front door he pulled me against him. "I can't wait to graduate and finally be rid of you." he growled roughly letting me go.

"Ditto." I mumbled.

I tiptoed into my room trying my hardest not to wake anyone up. My room was huge as was the rest of the house. I had a large walk in closet and a bathroom as well as a balcony decorated in bright colors. I went to the bathroom now, scooping my hair off of my back and putting it in a tight bun. I changed into sweats and a white Calvin Klein t-shirt. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before taking my contacts out. Finally I dried my hands and walked back into my room.

He was sitting on my bed.