Chapter Six

^Ryan again. I guess my other one confused people.

"I'll owe you."

I swung my arm out connecting with the side of Mal's torso. Sweat dripped down my head as I delivered ten punches back to back. After my tenth one Mal surprised me by grabbing my fist before I could connect.

"Your form is still trash." He commented pushing me back a little.

I huffed pushing my hair off of my sweaty face. "Trash? I connected everyone." I growled loosening my arms.

Mal removed his pads slowly not breaking eye contact with me. "I let you." He said.

I let my arms fall to my sides. "You did not."

He shrugged pulling his t-shirt away from his chest. "I did. "

Kai walked up to us with a bottle of water in his hands. "Her form is trash." He mumbled handing the bottle to Mal.

Mal smirked lifting the bottle and draining half. When he handed the bottle to me I contemplated for about three seconds before grabbing it and finishing what was left.

Kai laughed. "Hell of a workout huh?"

I nodded, I didn't have the energy to do much else.

I sunk down to the floor putting my head in my hands to rest. "What time is it?" It felt like I had been training for an hour. My muscles were already sore and I knew I was going to hate myself in the morning.

"Seven." Mal said picking up the sweater I had discarded and handing it to me. Three hours?! "You might want to put that on." He said.

I looked at him as if he was stupid. "I'm burning up." I said

"This place is about to fill up with Lakely's worst. If you want to stay, you cover up. Let's not take unnecessary risks."

I smiled. The more I talked to Mal the cuter he got.

I looked down at the thin croptop I was sporting. He was probably right.

"Alright." I said pulling my arms through the sleeves of my sweater. I was very curious about what went on in the warehouse. Being hot for a couple of hours was a small price to pay. "I still feel like you're over reacting." I said zipping up.

"We'll see."

All of a sudden the doors were pushed open and Rue and Bates were stumbling in.

"Ellie Valentine." Bates slurred wrapping me in a hug before I could move. "Where the hell have you been?"

I smiled. "Where the hell have you been?"

He laughed as if I had just said the funniest joke. "Gosh Ellie. You're so funny."

Rue grabbed his brother pulling him off of me. "Bates had a bit too much to drink." He explained as Bates whined.

"I didn't." He mumbled looking sad. "Rue's just jealous cuz I can hold my liquor."

Kai grabbed my arm pulling me aside. "The crowds are coming in, Mal wants you in the front where he can see you."

I raised a brow. "Where are you guys gonna be?"

"They'll be in the ring." Kai said. "I'll be right next to you."

I bit my lip. "I thought you said you wouldn't watch me?" Apparently for some reason I loved to get on Kai's nerves.

He didn't seem fazed by the question. "I changed my mind, still it can easily be changed again." He threatened.

I secretly rolled my eyes.