Chapter Ten

"Don't argue babe. It's going to be the party of the century!"

"Just think about it." Skylar said neatly coating her lips in a pink lip gloss.

"I can't." I said dragging my spoon through my slow melting sundae.

Skylar pouted. "Why not? It would be the party of the century."

I shrugged. "Roy's going to be there."

She wanted me to throw a party since my parents were out of town. In reality, I just didn't want to. It would be too stressful and something was bound to go wrong. I didn't need the trouble.

Skylar simply smirked. "Oh don't worry, I can get your brother on board. Relax, Ells. I'm going to plan everything."

I shook my head. "No, Sky I can't-"

"Asshole alert." She said staring at something behind me.

I turned quickly, seeing Shawn and some of his friends walking into the diner we were currently at. I knew they were going to come up to our table so I sat up straight, set my spoon down, and prepared to be annoyed.

"Ladies." Shawn said sending both of us a slow once over. "How we doing today?"

Skylar's face was set perfectly in a 'I don't want to be bothered' expression while I was sure I looked like I was over the conversation already.

"Don't you have a coconut to break open with your head?" Sky asked batting her eyelashes.

Shawn bit his lip. "Actually, I came over to apologize to Ellie." he turned to me then. "I'm sorry about the misunderstanding between your brother and I." he finished.

I simply nodded my head, because I didn't like the way he was looking at me, studying me.

"yeah right, asshole." Skylar said leaning up onto the table. "If you were really sorry, you wouldn't have said the things you said about her."

Shawn's eyes darkened as he turned his attention to Skylar. His friends chuckled from behind him.

"You know...You're real mouthy Sky. You know what they say about mouthy chicks." it was obvious what he was insinuating.

Sky didn't wait a beat. "That you wouldn't have a chance with one if you were the last person on earth?"

That earned a chorus of louder laughs from Shawn's friends.

Shawn glared at us. "You always were an uptight bitch huh Sky?" He turned his attention to me. "But not you Ellie. I don't know why you hang out with her."

When he said this, he placed his fingertips under my chin, lightly lifting my head.

I quickly pushed his hands away. "Don't touch me." I said weakly, my heart rate speeding up.

He chuckled darkly before backing up from us. "I'll catch you girls later."

Skylar didn't even spare him a glance. "Not if we can help it."

When they were gone, I shot her an annoyed look. "Why do you have to rile him up that way?" I asked.

She shrugged sipping her coffee. "Anyways, about the party- I have nothing to do tomorrow so I can be there to help you all day."

I opened my mouth but no words came out. I knew there was no way I could throw a party but Sky wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Don't argue babe. It's going to be the party of the century!" She said excitedly

It was going to be the death of me.

~*~*~*~

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I forced my eyes open. Turning over in my bed I peered at my alarm clock.

It was three in the morning.

I was going to murder Bates.

Pushing myself up in my bed I made my way over to the window pushing it open.

"Are you crazy?"

Bates stepped in, a smile on his face. "Wanted to make sure there were no hard feelings between us." He said with a sigh. He looked tired.

I narrowed my eyes. "Did you fight?"

He shook his head. "No, Ma. I was a good boy."

I couldn't help but smile at his sarcasm.

"Nice digs."

I quickly turned my head when a second voice came from the window. Rue was leaning his head through my window now. He hauled himself in with a large floppy grin on his face.

"Hope we didn't wake you." He said.

"We?" I questioned turning my attention back to my open window.

Sure enough, Kai was now yanking himself through, his signature scowl plastered on his face.

"You couldn't have a room on the first floor?" He grumbled.

"Guys, keep it down." This came from Mal who was still outside the window.

"Excuse me." I said calmly when the four boys were standing in my room. "What are you guys doing here?"

Rue was the first to answer in his careless way. "We couldn't let Bates have all the fun. Plus, we wanted to see you. "

My mouth hung open."I-"

Mal interrupted. "Relax, Princess. You won't get caught." He made a cross over his heart. "Scouts honor."

Then I remembered the fact that there was no one here to catch me. Roy had spent the night with whatever bimbo he was sleeping with.

I relaxed a bit. "Are you guys just leaving the warehouse?" I asked walking to my closet and throwing a hoodie on. I was dressed modestly in a large T-shirt and sweats but I was freezing.

"Yep. It was one for the books, Ellie. You should have been there."

The remaining three brothers glared at Rue when he said this.

I tilted my head. "Are you guys ever going to tell me what you do in these secret warehouse gatherings?"

Rue smirked now. "Hey, can your butler make us some food?"

I rolled my eyes at him. I knew he was trying to distract me. I wasn't dumb. "I don't have a butler Rue."

"So you can make us something to eat then."

I glared at him. "You can make your own snack. What am I, your maid?"

That proved to be a mistake as the boys scattered out of my room.

"That's all the invitation we need." Rue explained as the Parker boys rushed to my kitchen.

What did I get myself into?
****************

Probably a lot of mistakes. 0% edited.