Chapter Two

Roy ^

"You know I'm a sucker for a damsel in distress."

"And then Antonio says 'Oh, well maybe I can just hide in the closet." Sky says while meticulously leafing through her salad. "I tell him, no. just wait on the balcony. I'll come get you when it's all clear,but does he listen?"

I force a smile on my face. "Of course he doesn't listen." I answered not really paying attention.

"Of course he doesn't listen." She confirmed with a laugh. "He argues with me telling me how it's cold outside blah blah blah."

I'm only half paying attention to her story. Really I'm focused on pushing my salad across my plate. I don't really have an appetite.

"you okay?" Ryan whispers narrowing her eyes at me. I sent her a smile.

"Yeah. I'm just not hungry."

Sky stops talking, noticing that we aren't really listening to her. She narrows her eyes looking at me. "Are you on a diet? Because I didn't want to say anything but..."

She trailed off and I rolled my eyes. I couldn't care less about her attention needs at the moment.

"Damn, Skylar your bitchiness is showing." Tyler said winking at me.

I pushed my hair out of my face. "No. She could be right." I said rising up from the table and gathering my things. "I'll see you guys after school alright."

I walked quickly away ignoring the conversations I knew they were having about me.

I locked myself into a stall in the girls bathroom and pulled out the box I had gotten from the nurse earlier. I wanted to wait until I got home, but I had to know. Putting my head in my hands, I sent out a quick prayer. I only had six more months until graduation. This would ruin everything.

I quickly opened the box and followed the instructions on the package. As I waited the three minutes, I thought about life and luck.

I'd always thought mine to be bad. I grew up poor, without a father and with a mother who worked too often to give me the attention I thought I needed. We had to struggle to come up with rent and food and the clothes on my back. I used to think I was the most unlucky girl in the world.

And then when I turned thirteen she met Henry. He was rich and good looking and funny and he wanted a family. But his son was an asshole who pushed me around. It was my first time being bullied and I hated it. I used to cry in my room thinking of how much Roy hated me and how I was stuck with him for four years. I thought I'd rather be poor.

On the night of my fifteenth birthday, Henry came into my room. He was drunk and grumbling about my mom. He was saying how she was going to stop having sex with him and how she was going to get fat and saggy. At first I was confused. But then he told me flat out, she was pregnant, and he didn't want the kid. I couldn't understand why he was telling me but I tried to soothe him, begging him to go and talk to my mom about it.

That was the first night he'd ever raped me.

The timer on my phone went off and I hesitantly picked up the stick.

The black negative sign caused a wave of relief to flow throughout my body. I used birth control, but I knew that it wasn't one hundred percent effective. Looking at the pregnancy test, I watched my vision go blurry again. I couldn't keep doing this. I couldn't keep letting him do this to me.

I couldn't make it six more months.

Stuffing the stick in the trash, I quickly exited the stall. I checked my reflection in the mirror and ran some cold water over my face as I noted my red, puffy eyes. When the lunch bell rang, I quickly patted my face dry with a paper towel before rushing out of the bathroom.

I kept my head down as I walked down the empty hallway. I knew I would be late to class but I didn't care. I needed to breath.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned to see who it was.

"Hey, princess." Mallory Parker said with a smirk. He was dressed casually with his hair in a ponytail. He was flanked by Rue and Kai and they honestly looked like they were getting into trouble. I didn't want anything to do with it.

"Mallory." I said calmly before turning back around to be on my way. He caught up to me before I could escape, grabbing my arm and spinning me back around.

"Why are you always crying?" He asked raising a brow as he studied my face.

I sent him a blank look. "You're awful nosy." I looked around the room, making sure no one was in the hallway. I didn't want anyone linking me with the Parker boys.

"Let her go Mal." Rue said sending me a flirtatious smile.

My arm was released and I nodded intending to be on my way.

Mal blocked my path. " I just want to know what the problem is." He explained. "You know I'm a sucker for a damsel in distress."

Kai Parker sized me up. "She probably broke a nail or something." He said sarcastically with a look of disinterest in his eyes.

I chuckled. "Very original."

He simply shrugged.

Mal smirked. "Whose ass do I need to kick, princess?" He asked.

He looked like he would do it too. The Parker boys were always getting into fights. Their parents owned an old boxing gym and I'd heard rumors that they sometimes held illegal matches there.

I was about to answer when the late bell went off, distracting me.

"Shit." I mumbled knowing that I would be getting detention.

I quickly headed back down the hallway heading to class. "See you around Princess." I heard Mal yell.

                           ~*~*~*~

"Our parents would like to speak to us." Roy said as soon as I got in his car after school. I felt like part of the reason he hated me was because he was stuck driving me around. I had failed my driving test too many times and Henry wouldn't buy me a car unless I passed it. I wasn't sure I wanted him to.

"Okay." I said scrolling through my phone. I ignored the fear that pumped into my heart. I was exhausted and I couldn't even deal with it at the moment.

"Probably going to tell us your mother is pregnant again. Because that worked out so well the first time." He said sarcastically.

I clenched my teeth. Unfortunately, my mom had suffered from a miscarriage about three months into her pregnancy. She hadn't been the same since. That baby was supposed to be her miracle baby. 

"Or maybe they want to talk about you getting detention." Roy continued.

I froze. I had been worried about the detention all day. Henry was especially brutal when he had an excuse to be. A detention would surely warrant a punishment.

"Yeah. You didn't think I'd hear about it huh?" Roy teased with an evil smirk.

I tried to play it cool. "Everybody makes mistakes." I mumbled.

"Not little miss perfect. But you made one today. Let's see how our parents take the news."

He parked the car in the driveway and exited.

I took one deep breath before doing the same.