Chapter Twelve

"I get what I want."

"You know what I noticed today Ellie?" Shawn said, his eyes raking over me.

I didn't say anything. I was frozen. I was terrified and I was frozen.

"I noticed how fucking good you look. How fucking good your skin feels. And you're so quiet like you're ugly or something."

I shook my head moving my lips until words came out. "My room is off limits Shawn."

He continued. "And then you're so fucking shy. You're probably a virgin and that fucking does it for me."

"Get out." I said in a stronger tone. I didn't want to cause a scene. But I would do anything to make sure Shawn didn't hurt me. I was through being hurt by men.

He placed a hand on his heart. "That hurts Ellie. I thought we had a connection."

I stayed where I was on a whole different side of the room. "Shawn, get out of my room."

He moved quickly, walking so that he was stood in front of me, his lips pulled up in a snarl. "I'm trying to be nice to you."

It was then that I noticed that he wasn't drunk. This was Shawn.

"I'll call the cops on you if you touch me."

It sounded weak to my own ears. It didn't deter him.

"I don't think you will Ellie. In fact, I think you're going to be begging me to touch you."

I calmed myself down. Shawn wasn't stupid. He wouldn't try to rape me in my own house. He was just trying to scare me.

He got off on people being afraid of him.

I relaxed my shoulders. "Get out of my room, Shawn. Or you'll see that my threats aren't empty."

He studied me, seeing if I was bluffing.

"I want you Ellie. I get what I want."

I scoffed. "Oh, well let me just shuffle on into the bed." I said sarcastically.

When he took a step towards me, I took one back.

"Back off, I meant what I said. I'll call the cops. You're not going to threaten me in my house."

He smirked nodding his head. "We'll see, Valentine. We'll see." He pulled open the door to a confused Bates standing on the other side.

"Excuse me." Bates said raising his brows and looking embarassed.

Shawn laughed. "Don't even bother, she doesn't put out." He continued laughing as he walked down my hallway.

I took calming breaths to relax myself. My heart was hammering out of control.

"Hey, you Okay?" Bates asked walking up to me.

I nodded, backing up when he was close. I didn't want him to be able to read my expression. I wasn't sure if it was showing fear or anger.

"Shawn's just an asshole." I mumbled.

Bates chuckled. "Don't worry about it. I'm sure you told him off."

I nodded. I had told him off. And it felt pretty good to defend myself. "Yeah, I did." I sighed. "Where you looking for me?" I asked trying to change the subject.

Bates smiled. "Yeah, well Rue was looking for you. Something about Tyler. I said I would find you."

I nodded. It made sense. "Okay, lets go find Rue before he gets himself into trouble."