Chapter Eight

I changed the title. ^Rue in the house

"let me know when you're off the chain."

They led me to a private room inside the office, slowly cracking the door before gesturing for me to walk inside.

I nervously entered the room.

My eyes immediately went to Henry. He was dressed in a suit, a frown plastered on his face. His legs were crossed neatly and he looked eerily calm.

When the door shut behind me, he turned connecting his eyes to mine.

I quickly averted my glance and instead looked at the person sitting across from Henry.

Roy sat with an angry expression. His face was red and I saw that his lip was swollen. He held an ice pack against his left eye.

I nervously fiddled with my hands before turning to my principal.

"You called for me?" I asked in a low voice trying to keep my head down.

Mr. Ikely cleared his throat. "You are being excused from class for the rest of the day. Now if you'll excuse me..." He rose from his desk straightening his papers.

I wanted to beg him to stay. Henry had never lost his temper in front of Roy, but the way he was looking let me know it was hanging by a thread.

When the door closed leaving us alone, Henry spoke.

"Does this seem appropriate for school, Ellie?" He asked holding up some black material.

I narrowed my eyes recognizing the material as my gym shorts. My heart dropped. What the hell was happening.

"They are for gym only." I said keeping my head down. He was going to do this in front of Roy and then Roy would have something to hold over my head. I felt sick.

"Is your gym class all girls?" Henry continued rising out of his seat and walking over to me.

I bit my lip before slowly shaking my head.

"So therefore the male population of this school has seen you running around in these... Underwear." He finished tossing the shorts at me. I sucked in a breath as his voice rose.

"Your brother was harmed today, trying to defend your honor. Clearly you have no intention of doing so yourself."

I felt tears welling in my eyes. I didn't have a response for him. Instead I turned to Roy. He looked surprised trying to read his father's actions.

"I'm sorry." I whispered

"We both know what I think about apologies." He went back to the chair, grabbing his briefcase. "Ride back to the house with Roy. We'll finish this discussion there."

I quickly nodded. I was grateful. As mush as I hated Roy at the moment, I knew I couldn't stomach riding home with Henry.

"You asshole." I mumbled when Roy walked past me.

He paused. "What?"

I felt my rage rising inside my body. Quickly. "You get busted for fighting and you just have to drag me down with you."

Roy's nostrils flared. "Maybe if you didn't dress like a slut, you wouldn't be here right now "

I clenched my fist. "Maybe if you weren't such a drug addict you wouldn't be so irritable."

He walked up to me, stopping inches away from my face. "You don't know shit about me Ellie. You couldn't even began to wrap your head around one aspect of my life. So how about you shut your fucking mouth and get to stepping before I have you walking home."

I held my breath. I had never seen Roy so angry. He looked at me like he hated me.

Rolling my eyes, I followed after him.

~*~*~*~

"No phone, no friends, no TV." Henry listed off the conditions of my groundation on his fat fingers. "You go to school, and come right back."

I simply nodded my head. I didn't want to give him an excuse to use another form of punishment.

"Great. Make your way to your room."

I quickly escaped. I knew Henry wouldn't touch me as long as Roy was up and about, and that alone made me feel grateful.

I walked into my room and collapsed on my bed letting my eyes flutter shut. Before I knew it, I was drifting off into a dreamless nap.

Tap tap tap...

I woke up with a fuzzy head. My room was dark and the house was quiet.

Tap tap tap...

It took a while for me to realize the tapping was coming from the window. I felt my heart slamming against my chest as I thought about all of the possible scenarios.

What were the chances there was a murderer in Lakely, standing outside of my window?

Slim.

I hesitantly tip toed up to the window holding in my breath before yanking the curtains aside.

Bates stared at me with a bored look. "About time. Damn, I was starting to think I had the wrong house." He yelled.

I froze before quickly pulling my window open and allowing him to swing through.

"What the hell Bates?!" I hissed rushing across the room to lock my door. I was pretty sure Henry wasn't home but I wasn't taking any chances. If he saw a boy in my room he would kill me.

"I actually came by to apologize so, pipe it down princess."

I glared at him. It seemed Mal's nickname was growing on everybody. "Apology accepted." I said.

He didn't take the hint that I wanted him to leave so instead he walked to my bed laying down. "Nice digs." He said glancing around.

I ran my hands through my hair. "Bates, I can't get caught with a boy in my room." I said it calmly, like any teenage girl would.

Bates smiled wickedly. "You're not going to get caught. What are you doing tonight?"

I shrugged. "You're looking at it."

He looked horrified. "That's unacceptable. You could come to the gym." He rose from my bed with a smile on his face. "Mal's fighting tonight."

I paled. "You're joking"

He smirked, sporting a deep dimple. "It's nice that you show concern for all of us. I thought you were convinced I was some kind of pansy."

I stared at his bruised face. "You guys just enjoy getting the crap kicked out of you huh?" I said in a breathless whisper.

Bates laughed. "Sure. You in or out?"

I was surprised that I actually wanted to go. "I'm grounded. " I said in shame.

He put his hand in my hair messing it up. "Cute. Well let me know when you're off the chain."

He started to climb back out of the window.

"Friday." I said with a deep breath. It seemed the Parker boys were going to succeed in their mission to corrupt my life. "Whose fighting Friday?"

Bates frowned. "You can't come this Friday. Maybe Saturday..."

I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously. "Why not?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "Well, were kinda hosting an event on Friday. The Bros definitely won't let you're name be put on the guest list."

It peaked my interest. "So I'll sneak in." I said carelessly.

Bates continued to frown. "No you won't."

I laughed. This was getting more and more interesting. "Sure I will. You can help." I stood on my tip toes planting a kiss on his cheek. "See you around."

*****************

The last time I freaked out, I just kept looking down. I stu-stu-stuttered when you asked me what I'm thinking about. Felt like I couldn't breathe. You asked what's wrong with me. My best friend Leslie said oh she's just being Miley.