Chapter 13

I was in the same dark forest, the black trees and the red sun, all looked too familiar. The atmosphere hot. Leaves crunched under my barefoot as I walked. Breeze flew by, fondling my short hair.

The crows sang as I walked. I was happy. I was too happy about something. I couldn't wait to share it.

The forest came to a clearing. The dark grass underneath my foot was wet. It must have rained.

I saw a small house across the clearing. Hidden between two trees and tall grasses. I smiled as I recalled what I was going to say.

I started walking towards it.

The dark veils covering the stone brick wall, and the clay roof, all seemed homely beautiful.

A loud shriek resonated in the area. I was shocked at first but ran towards the familiar voice.

Sweat covered my forehead. My breathing ragged and was worried for the source of the voice.

I ran until I saw a woman being dragged out of a hut by her hair. Her body was limp. Only her head could move. A disguised man kicked her in the gut and she could no more protest. Her screams grew quiet.

A tear left my cheek. I did not know I was crying.

I was about to come forward and protest when the man stabbed the woman straight in the heart.

Pain scorched through me. I felt like I lost the most valuable thing in the world.

The man pulled out the golden knife and vanished into thin air.

With shaky legs, I started to walk toward the woman.

The lifeless green orbs crushed me.

"ELISE! " I screamed at the top of my lungs. I started choking.

***
I jerked awake. I noticed myself crying. My tears were red again, my palms glowing red. I was accompanied by anger and revenge. I wanted to kill somebody and suck the living life out of them with my bare hands. But I did not know who, what and how. Like a wild animal, I started thrashing around in search of something to kill or destroy. Until I was completely out of breath and weak to the bones.

I fell back on the floor and stared up at the ceiling, catching my breath. That was when I noticed, it wasn't my room and there was someone else too. I stared at the person.

He was sitting in the chair beside my bed, reading a magazine. He seemed oblivious to what I had just done.

"You might wanna come back to the bed. But I don't mind if you like the hard floor." He said not even looking up. Embarrassed, I tried to get up but felt too weak. My legs couldn't take my weight and I fell back to the floor.
He seemed to have noticed this as he sighed and closed the magazine.

He stretched out his hand towards me. I was about to take it when his hand went up and I was lifted from the ground instantly.

I yelped.

He directed his hand to the bed and I floated to the bed. He gently lowered his hand and I was gently lowered onto the bed.

"You know you shouldn't use your powers when you can't control them." He said looking at me dead in the eyes. His eyes were burning red. Just like when I use my powers. It made him look intense. He did not look older than 25.

Who is he?

"I have many names. I am viewed by each one differently." He smiled.

Did he just read my thoughts?