Chapter 14

Jean?

He stood there like a complete stranger. He was not the Jean I knew. He was but he was not.

"Let me introduce you to one of your half-brothers, shapeshifter demon, Jean." Lucifer said. "I sent him on the earth to keep an eye on you when you were in that angel's adoption. Well after you moved out from there, it was much easier to keep an eye on you." With a twist of his palm, Jean was gone. "I have always been keeping an eye on you. Not only me but someone else too. But I saved you from that someone. You took too long in the library than you were supposed to." He smirked. "You, humans, are so stupid. How could you not think that the person you saw could come back anytime? How dumb can you be?" He shook his head. "So before he could do anything, I had to kidnap you from there."
I was about to defend but he shushed me. "If I had taken you by your consent, you would have wasted time by asking questions like 'who are you, why are you here and all that shit. So I had only one way, to kidnap you." He picked up another fruit from the basket and took a bite.

I took in his appearance. Hard chiseled jaw, beautiful red eyes, long eyelashes, porcelain skin, six-packed chest and the perfect body. I did not see any fat anywhere.

"It may seem odd, being I am the devil, but I am not into incest you know." He said casually as he took another bite.

"I was not checking you out!" I bet, fumes were coming out of my ears.

"You forgot something, child" and he tapped his finger on his forehead. It angered me more and I turned away as my cheeks warmed

After a few moments of sitting there, I said

"I want you to remove that connection."

His body went rigid.

"H- how do you know?" He was surprised.

The voice who answered it wasn't mine. It was mine but it wasn't. The words left my mouth even before I could think.

"You are not the only one who knows, mate."

"Azrael?" Lucifer gulped.

"You guessed that right mate." I flared my wings and flew to him. I was floating above him. "Your best friend, Azrael."

"You were dead?!"

"You seem to have forgotten about the reincarnation. Let me remind you, Lucifer. I am Azrael. I am Morrisa. Hurt her, the price won't be sweet. I'm telling you!" Lucifer nodded. "Now do as she says, mate. Now remove the connection."

"Yes, sure!" Lucifer took my glowing red hand in his and chanted something. The chant seemed too familiar but I couldn't recognize it.

As soon as he was done chanting, I fell back on my bed. My vision blurred and then turn black.

***

I woke up screaming again.

Again, I had the same dream.

The same green eyes and the same girl.

I turned to get water but a glass was already in front of me. I looked up at Iris thanked her and drank it.

I looked at my hands as they slowly lost their red glow. The red tears finally stopped.

The dream was just too much to handle.

"Who is Lana?" I asked her.

She seemed to be surprised at first but then answered.

"Azrael's soulmate, Ma'am."