Jaunedice & an Upcoming Fight

No One's POV

Its been a few weeks since the BLOOD captain has joined back into the world. After being asked a billions of question from basically everyone about his faunus parts, they managed to calm down and continued their normal lives... well some of them accept Team BLOOD's faunus feature. In addition, surprisingly, no students recognized the BLOOD team eventhough they were famous for their criminal history.

As the Vytal Festival comes to a near, Professor Glynda had held a match between Jaune and Cardin to explain the rules of the Vytal Festival Tournament, which is obviously the main event of the festival.

Y/N's POV

It was too painful for me, for my teammates and basically everyone who knows Jaune too see him getting handed by Cardin.

After being thrown around again by Cardin, Jaune leaned on his sword, obviously exhausted. Cardin just casually smirked and placed his mace on his shoulder, obviously finding this fight boring. Jaune suddenly got up and charged in blindly and tried to throw some swings at Cardin, which jumped out of the way and took the opportunity and hit Jaune with his mace. Unfortunately, Jaune's shield flew away and now left him only with his sword.

Unable to control myself, I sighed and slapped my forehead. It's obvious that this boy doesn't know two squats about fighting.

Gilbert: I guess it's that obvious huh?

Y/N: You noticed it?

Gilbert: Obviously. His making all kinds of silly mistakes like his never been into a fight before.

Y/N: I gotta feeling that's the case.

Romeo suddenly decided to pitch in.

Romeo: How did he even get in? Like, I thought Beacon will hold all kinds of test to make sure they got the right guy?

Y/N: Did we go through those test?

Romeo: I-I mean like we are already capable in fighting but Jaune has like zero knowledge of it!

We were about to continue our conversation until Cardin kneed him in the gut. Jaune dropped to the floor trying to get a breather when Cardin towered over him and was about to drop his mace on him... until Prof. Glynda stepped in.

The buzzer went off and the lights came back to life.

Glynda: Cardin! That's enough!

Cardin just snarled and walks away.

Glynda:  Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match.

I scooted my head near Gil to get some confirmation.

Y/N: How do these things know when our aura's about too drop?

And I regret asking. Gil went on and on about how the complicated systems and process in checking your aura. While on the other hand, Prof. Glynda went on.

Glynda:Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?

Cardin just smirked and lift his mace

Cardin: Speak for yourself.

Prof. Glynda then faced the students.

Glynda:Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!