3. A debt payed.

Pleased, Jason saw Conner's eyes widen with surprise before he was roughly pushed away.

"Well, you can wait a long time for that. I'm not a faggot!"

Jason sighed and ran after Conner who stormed out of the studio.

"Did I say I wanted to sleep with you?"

"No, but then that wasn't really necessary," growled Conner.

"I want you as my model. That is my request." With his hands on his hips, Jason stood in front of Conner who looked at him with narrowed eyes. "If you think it necessary, I could ask Karen or CJ as a chaperone."

"Then I prefer CJ. Just to make sure you don't pull anything funny," Conner said immediately.

"All right, whatever you want", nodded Jason, internally smiling. He quickly went looking for Karen to explain the new developments to her and arrange CJ as a chaperone. The boy was more than willing to help. "Put on a swimsuit. Then I'll see you downstairs." He turned to Conner. "For you, I have clothes in the models room."

Biting his lower lip, he hid a smile at the sight of the unhappy look on Conner's face. The range of swimwear obviously couldn't tempt him.

"Who gets to pick?"

Jason shrugged. "I am willing to let you choose yourself. If it doesn't work for me then I'll help you. I'll wait for you outside."

In the absence of Conner, Jason took some snapshots of an exuberant CJ. He walked back to adjust his filter when Karen stopped him.

"Where are you going?" She asked, throwing a glance at his suitcases.

"Paris. I leave late tonight."

"Alone?" she inquired.

His hands showed a slight hesitation before he answered: "I am leaving on my own."

"And when you get there?" She persisted.

Jason looked at his sister with tenderness. "I love you very much, but I can't share everything with you. Some things you will have to let go."

"Don't worry, Karen. If that secret lover hurts him my buddies and I will teach him a lesson," Conner boasted appearing out of nowhere.

"Who asked you?" Jason exclaimed caught. Further words got stuck in his throat. The form-fitting blue swimming trunks with white waistband looked mouthwatering good.

"Where do you want me?" Conner asked, grinning.

"With CJ. First in the garden, then later next to the pool."

Jason had to admit that Conner cooperated excellently. CJ enjoyed himself to the fullest when his uncle lifted him effortlessly and swung him around. They continued their play-session in the pool.

They stopped for a late lunch. That gave Jason time to see what he gathered so far.

"Everything goes directly from the camera to the laptop," he told Conner.

Karen clicked through the photos. "There are already a couple of good shots in here. A few of CJ too. Look, sweetie."

"Yeah, nice," said the boy with his mouth full. The result of the pictures couldn't really interest him. He was more interested in what they were going to do after lunch.

"I want some solo shots of Uncle Conner. Will you be his chaperone?"

"What's that?" Asked the astonished boy.

"Uncle Conner is afraid that I'll kiss him and you're there to make sure that doesn't happen," Jason teased.

"Okay, fine," snorted CJ.

Seated at the table Jason showed some of his sessions with male models to Conner.

"To give you an idea of ​​how I work and what I expect from you. The photos in the pool were purely to become familiar with your body and face."

"Okay," Conner sighed clicking through the photos. "It looks beautiful, but also very intimate." He pointed to a close-up. "It looks here as if you were sitting on him," he coughed uncomfortably.

"That's right. Very insightful of you," Jason replied carelessly. "I'm used to being very physical with my models. That means that I will touch and position you. Sometimes I announce it, but usually when I follow my inspiration, I just act." He raised his hands apologetically. "Don't take this personally, Conner, but when I work my model is mine to mold. It's intimate, but not sexual."

"Haven't you ever slept with a model?" Conner asked incredulously.

"Not during the session" was his witty reply. "I'm a professional. Have a little faith in me."

Conner raised his eyebrows. " I'll do my best."

"Come on, let's go find you an outfit." Jason led the way to Conners bedroom. "Funny, this," he said, sliding his hands along the wall of his childhoods bedroom. "You still sleep in my bed."

Not in the least amused Conner opened the wardrobe. "What do you prefer?"

Jason shoved him aside. "Jeans, belt, shirt. Oh, I'm crazy about baseball jerseys. Jacket and boots." He threw all selected items of clothing on the bed and went to the drawer. Without asking, he pulled them open. Dissatisfied, he rummaged through the drawers. He clicked his tongue. "Never mind and forget the boots. Bare feet are sexy. I'll see you downstairs."

"You expect me to get dressed without underwear?" Conner exclaimed.

"No, but what you have here is not acceptable. I'm sure I can find you something more suitable downstairs," Jason patted his arm.

He grabbed the clothes from the bed and followed Jason on foot. "How many briefs do you have?" Conner growled looking through the drawers.

"I've never counted. Hey, careful, their color-coded." He pointed to the lower drawer. "That's for you."

Conner chose a union-gray boxer briefs. He held the small underpants up.

"Are you sure this is my size?"

"Try them on," Jason called from the studio. Uncertain as to the position of the couch, he leaned back against his workbench. His sketchbook was open with his favorite pencil at the ready. Slowly his vision began to form. A smile graced his lips when adjusting the lights.

"What's the deal with three cameras?" Asked Conner.

Jason looked up. "Digitally, black / white roll and Polaroid," he pointed out in order.

CJ was engrossed in a game on his iPad and sat with headphones on in a chair.

"And?" Jason informed.

Conner rocked his hips back and forth.

"Yeah, cozier than I'm used to, but I feel okay."

"Pull your pants down so I can see," Jason gestured.

"Absolutely not," Conner protested.

"If the pants are too tight, you get lines, and then this whole session is for nothing. So stop wasting precious time and pull down your pants!"

With pursed lips Conner obeyed the order. He shrank back automatically when Jason took a step closer with his hands outstretched.

"What part of all this isn't clear to you?" Jason said with tight voice. "I thought you would understand by know how I work."

"Sorry," Conner offered his sincerest apologies. "It won't happen again."

"Thank you. Meanwhile, I'll try to be more considerate about your prudish nature," Jason teased.

Outraged, while swallowing a sharp comment, Conners head swished to an unconcerned CJ who was still playing.

"CJ is here only to observe. He can't hear us, so you don't need to hold back" Jason challenged him.

"That's good to know," he said, taking the challenge with both hands. "Where do you want me?"

"Against the wall," Jason gestured.

Conner took his assigned position.

"I like music while I'm working," Jason said, standing at his stereo. "Any objections?"

"What do you have?"

"A DJ friend of mine sends me the newest mixes. Do you like techno?"

"Like Hardwell, Tiesto, Garrix?" Grinned Conner. "I love that shit."

The room filled with music. CJ didn't even look up.

"Okay, let's go to work," Jason rubbed his hands. He grabbed the camera and started shooting. Like most amateur models Conner was visibly uncomfortable. "Relax," Jason suggested.

"It feels stupid to just stand here."

"Listen to the music. Pretend you're at a party or a club. Look around you."

Conner frowned at that suggestion. "As if I'm on the prowl?"

"Yes," Jason said from behind his camera. "Forget me. Listen to the music and show me how to pick up girls."

Leaning against the wall with one foot bent beside his knee Conner thought out loud.
"A good restaurant, good food, a bottle of wine and some lively conversation is more my style."
Shyly he looked at the ground.

"Continue."

"The clubs are often filled with a different breed of women. Most don't look beyond the uniform and sometimes ..." He glanced in the direction of CJ. "Sometimes they don't even ask your name." He shook his head. "My preference is for a woman I have to court. One that lets me work for her attention."

"Someone in your life fits that description?"

"Maybe," he said holding back.

"Juicy," Jason teased. "Come on. I'll promise I won't tell."

"You know her, Tanya." The short hesitation of Jason didn't escape Conner. "You got a problem with that?"

Jason turned away for a moment and switched cameras. "No, not really. Tanja is a sweet girl." He turned his black / white camera Conner. "Undoubtedly too good for a playboy like you."

Jason clicked and immortalized every indignant look on Conner's face.

"Take off your coat."

"Is this the part where things heat up?" Conner smiled into the camera.

"Sure!" Jason shouted over the music. "Pose for me."

For a moment caught off guard Conner looked deep into the lens. Jason took a shaky breath.

"Can I sit down?" Conner asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Sure, the sofa is fine," he pointed.

He didn't sit on the far end as Jason had expected, but leaned in a relaxed pose against the backrest.

"Tell me about your work," Jason said slowly circling around him.

"It's essentially the same routine over and over again. We patrol every day. The emphasis is on maintaining the peace."

"Theo told me that it's currently calm in the province where you're stationed, but that it's still extremely dangerous work."

"Yeah, that's for sure," Conner agreed while extending his hand. "Come sit beside me," he patted on the couch.

Jason obeyed.

"The work we do is crucial for the people there. We train peacekeepers, ensure that shops and schools are safe to reach. We dig wells, provide medicines, administer vaccinations and the list goes on and on." He looked straight at Jason. "I really love my job!" He said almost tenderly.

The sincerity in those blue eyes was genuine and touched Jason deeply, and not only in his heart. He hurriedly jumped up from the couch. "That's great!" Carefully exhaling he fumbled with his camera to give himself some time. Who would have thought that the muscle had content? "Sit down. Put your foot there," he pointed.

Conner followed the instructions. His eyes looked straight into the lens and Jason saw the underlying curiosity. "How does it feel to actually kiss a man?"

He said it so casually that Jason lowered his camera caught off guard. "If you mean how it compares to a girl? Then I can't answer. I've never kissed a girl."

"But then how do you know for sure that you're gay?" Conner asked surprised.

Jason sighed at the ignorance shown by the question. "Probably the same way that you know you're straight. Physical attraction is an excellent indication."

Conner leaned toward him. "Seriously? Because I've seen you with Ashley, man. You were all over her."

"Oh, that again." Jason sighed irritated.  "I'm an artist. My eye falls on beautiful bodies, lines, faces. It's all about visual appeal. Not physical."

"And men?"

Jason ran his tongue over his dry lower lip. "There the physical element plays a role," he agreed. "But as I have explained, I'm a professional. Now, pull off your shirt!" He said, grinning.

Conner did what he was asked, leaning back and relaxed. Casually he bent his arm above his head, so he arched his back slightly and put out his chest. He looked straight into the lens.

The atmosphere seemed to change. Jason turned abruptly. "Fancy a drink?"

"Sounds good. What do you have?"

Jason walked to his small kitchen. Under in a cabinet stood his meager collection. "Whisky, vodka and tequila."

"Show me?" Conner asked from close by.

Jason could still smell the clean shirt on his skin. A shiver was irrepressible.

"Sorry I scared you," Conner apologized.

"It's okay," Jason said gratefully making use of his misconception. He stood up and put the three bottles on the counter. On one of them stuck a transparent bag with small pills.

"Have you used these?"

Jason hesitated. It was hard to read the cool tone.

"Trust works both ways," Conner reminded him.

"Yes, I have used here, and no, it's not a good idea to do so now."

"Come on. I thought artistic types were looser," it sounded challenging.

Conner snatched the bag from the bottle and took out two pills. One he put in his mouth and swallowed it with a swig of tequila. "Open your mouth," he told Jason.

"Not a chance," he warded him off. "Not in front of CJ."

"Tsk. I thought you wanted my body," pouted Conner.

"I do," he admitted readily.

"Then, play along."

For a moment he stared at Conner. Something was brewing in those steel blue eyes. Something he didn't want to stop. He took the pill and swallowed it with a gulp of whiskey. Then he walked over to CJ.

"Thanks for your help. Uncle Conner decided that he dares to go it alone now."

"Okay," said the boy carefree. "Bye."

"Let the fun begin," cried Conner, who walked through the studio with the tequila bottle in hand.

"If we're going to do this, we might as well do it right", Jason said and grabbed his phone. "What do you want on your pizza?"

"I'll eat anything with cheese," grinned Conner.

Jason's eyes slid caressing his bare muscular torso and stalled on the flat belly just above his belt.

"Sure," he muttered. "Hi, I wanted to order two pizzas. A Barry Bonds and Buster Posey. Two six-packs and six bottles of water. Jason Green Leaves. You have my address." When he turned Conner had put on his shirt again. The short sleeves clung dangerously to his biceps. "God, I love raglan sleeves," he muttered with bulging eyes and took a long sip of his whiskey.

The music had stopped and he was grateful for the respite. "Would you like to pick out some music, then I'll set up things for dinner." He took two stools from storage and made room on his desk. This was very unusual for him, and he knew very well why. Conner was in a strange mood, and he was completely fascinated to see where it led them. "Just for the journey, as observer," he told himself.

"Simple enough," he muttered.

"You mumble a lot tonight," Conner said, nudging him. "Are there things I'm not allowed to hear?"

"No," he shook. "I said simply enough," and pointed to the dining area that he had created.

"Were you successful with your musical treasure hunt?" He asked mockingly at the sight of the plundered stack of CDs and USB sticks.

"That pile fell spontaneously," said Conner feigning innocence. He held up a USB stick. "Wonderland last year. I was there with a few buddies of mine. We had leave in Germany and went barhopping in Belgium. It was really great!"

Jason fought back a smile. He could see the ecstasy began to do its work. "Take some water already," he said, taking the bottle of tequila out of his hand.

"Don't be such a sourpuss. Xtc makes me cuddly. I thought you'd be happy", Conner grinned.

The doorbell rang. With beating heart he tore his gaze away from Conner who seemed to be provoking him on purpose. "What the Hell is he up to?" He muttered, taking his order. The answer struck him like lightning. "How does it feel to kiss a guy?" Conner had asked.
With gritted teeth he walked back and put everything on the table. Apparently his irritation was visible on his face, because Conner took in his expression. When taking the pill he knew that night flying was no longer an option. That choice he had made conscious. But something changed and he refused to pretend to be dumb. He began with the most logical option.

"What's the bet?" He asked with a strained voice pulling the beers from the plastic container.

Conner froze visible.

'Bingo.'

"A kiss."

Jason opened the pizza boxes.

"Pepperoni with chili peppers and extra cheese. Chicken, broccoli and cashew nuts with extra cheese," he pointed.

Conner shoved a piece of pepperoni pizza on his plate while Jason dissatisfied pursed his lips. "Why do I feel that you're not telling the whole story?" He frowned. "You had enough time during the barbecue to kiss me. You could have also asked me. Believe me, I would have been happy to assist," he sneered.

With the persistent silence of Conner he shook his head. "Stupid heterosexuals. Your friends are playing a dangerous game. I know men that would use you and spit you out without saying thank you."

"I can handle a sissy," boasted the tough Marine.

"Do you really think someone who is physically weaker has no chance to overpower you?" Jason asked incredulously. "You've taken a pill without knowing its origin. Has it occurred to you that I could have lied? Your naiveté is shocking." He slid a piece of broccoli pizza on his plate. "What would you gain?"

"Three hundred dollars and a bottle of tequila," Conner reluctantly admitted.

Jason gasped thoughtfully into his pizza. Meanwhile Conner frowned at him.

"You're an idiot," was his brutal judgment. "Unfortunately, you're not the only one who has combined ecstasy with alcohol. I already feel it taking effect. I won't be able to use my reservation for tonight."

He stood up, switched off the great lights, closed the curtains and grabbed the whiskey and tequila bottles on the counter.

"I offer you the opportunity to still win your bet," he said offering the bottle of tequila to Conner.

The man looked at him warily.

"Why?"

"Like I said, you're not the only one under the influence of ecstasy and alcohol. I plan on totally losing my shit. My experience, however, is that it's more fun to do so in company."

"Okay, but I don't condone you pawing me," Conner emphasized.

Jason waved the whiskey bottle in his hand toward the door.

"Then there's the door, because there will certainly be a lot of pawing." He took a firm sip. His hands glided through the stack of CDs and then put them in a neat pile. He chose one and closed it on the stereo from USB sticks. A funky Clubmix filled the room.

Conner struggled with conflicting emotions before he admitted snorting: "Okay, but I draw the line at total nudity, especially in sex. I don't fuck you, you don't fuck me and nobody sucks anybody!" He cried out.

After a moment of total bewilderment Jason burst out laughing.

"I get out of your subtle wording the strong desire to keep on your pants?"

"True," said Conner, who saw the humor of the situation.

A second later they both burst out laughing.

"If you agree to all the conditions, you can lock the door," said Jason.

"Good call," Conner growled. "I don't want any prying eyes."

"Talking about snoopers; I'll send Karen a message."

Conner watched as he typed a message.

"Won't they object to the music?"

"Premium sound dampening," Jason said without looking up. "It doesn't drown out everything, but they are somewhat accustomed to my loudness."

Conner's mouth twisted into a flirty smile.

"Oh, yeah? You're a party animal?"

Enabling a hidden switch changed the white walls of the studio into a nightclub.

Conner jumped excitedly back and forth. Everything came together. He was determined to win that bet. Jason offered himself on a silver platter. No doubt he would have to work hard to claim his prize, and he was fine with that. What harm could a little flirting do? If Jason wasn't willing to help him, he would have already shot him down. Only he had no idea how he could get Jason to kiss his ass!

Grinning, they sounded their bottles. Anyway, he couldn't deny that he was having a great time. Even if he didn't win the bet, he could return to his mates with his head held high. Nobody would mind if he had some fun in the meantime, right?

And let's face it? What's the worst that could happen?