9. Unexpected Talents.

Laura Greenleaves looked at her unusually quiet son.

"You're very absent, Jason. Is there something that occupies your thoughts?"

He looked up and caught her loving look.

"It's hard to distance myself from Blue Boy. To prevent repetition," he admitted honestly.

"You won't repeat the past if you learn to control your emotions and verbally express your feelings."

After a little hesitation, she said:

"Karen told me about your problems with Conner."

"What did the tattletale have to report?", he asked sourly.

"Karen sees a lot of potential in your choice to transform the studio into a apartment. I found it telling that you were the one who suggested sharing your living space. You've always been reluctant to accommodate men like Conner who was raised in a completely different environment. It will do you good to open up and adapt to the wants and needs of a different-minded roommate. For you, this is a wonderful step in personal growth."

"You know Conner can be even worse than Duncan at times, right? That makes it extra difficult to show my vulnerable side," he muttered.

"I know, Jason. Remember that the most important things in life ask for courage."

She tapped him on his hand.

"Have you seen a chance to start a new project?"

"No," he shook. "I have a job in which I can set up a house with art, but that takes too little of my inspiration.

"Beautiful," she laughed delightedly. "Then I have a proposal that could help both of us."

Laura was looking for an envelope in her bag.

"I'm looking for a replacement for one of my classes. You would be ideal for that."

"What do you mean?", Jason asked suspiciously. "Because I hope you don't want to saddle me with that group of grabby hands housewives."

"I wouldn't dare," she smiled. "No, no housewives. This is about the crea lessons at the center."

Jason looked surprised.

"I'd love taking over those lessons from you, but why?"

"I just started a new time-consuming project and I don't want to do half a job. Besides these guys deserve someone who gives 100 percent. You've replaced me before, you're familiar with the staff and some of the guys."

Not only his mother, but also his father wore a warm heart towards the Center for gay young people who were no longer welcome at home. Often mistreated, neglected or simply unwanted, these children had nowhere else to go. Boys between the ages of 12 and 18 were provided with shelter, food, clothing and supervised in education.

It was an organization run by a gay couple, in which Jason's family had been involved for years. He was pleased to bitts to take over his mother's classes temporarily.

"Is this okay with Jack and Charlie?"

"I had already submitted the suggestion to them and they were very enthusiastic. The hours are yours if you want them."

"I accept," he said with a formal head nod.

"Beautiful. If you want, you can come with us after our lunch."

Jason rubbed his hands.

"That's fine. I didn't plan anything else."

Jack Niessen was very excited when he saw Jason and heard that he was willing to take over the lessons.