Chapter 5- The Beach (Part 2)

After a light lunch, we go back out to Tom's car after splitting the bill 50/50.

I shake my head lightly, letting out a laugh.

"What?" Tom asks, cocking an eyebrow while smirking at me. 

"Nothing, I just... I still can't believe you rented this car," I explain, eyeing the Mustang. Convertibles weren't the type of car people would usually rent to travel.

Tom just grins smugly. "Don't hate on her," he jokes. "She's rather good on gas, if you ask me."

I just shake my head once again, deciding to move on. "How long of a drive is it to Las Vegas?" Las Vegas was our next destination.

"I'm not sure," he admits, rummaging through one of his bags a bit before pulling out a pair of shorts. Swimming shorts. And I then remember that we're going to the beach.

"We can't stay here long, Tom, we've got to get going."

"Oh, come on, Cass. Why don't we just leave for Las Vegas tomorrow?"

"But-" I stop myself before I can argue any more. Then I take a deep breath. No following a specific schedule, Cass. Be spontaneous. It doesn't matter if we get there just one day late. "Alright," I finally say, making Tom's worried expression turn into a smile.

"Great," he responds, sounding gentle and soothing. "I think there are some changing rooms just over there, so go ahead and get your bathing suit, darling."

I do as he says and grab my two piece black swimming suit, along with a tank top and shorts. I was very thankful my swimsuit top went down to my bellybutton. Wearing a skimpy bikini top in front of tons of people -including Tom- isn't exactly my idea of fun. 

Tom was right about the changing rooms. They aren't too far from the car. So I went into the girls' rooms, and he went across from me into the boys' rooms. And I wasn't surprised to see he was already out by the time I got out.

And boy, did he look good.

When I first met Tom, I didn't think he was a particularly 'buff' person, which I didn't mind, since 'buff' people aren't exactly my favorite. I knew he was fairly thin and lean, that part was obvious. You could tell he was a fit person. But seeing him shirtless... That was totally different. Now I can see the muscles that I couldn't normally see under his shirts, mostly because I just never paid that much attention. 

I flick my eyes back up to his eyes before he can see me staring at his gorgeous, flawless chest, and give him a small, nervous smile. 

"What's that?" He asks, smiling as he looks me from head to toe.

"What's what?" I ask, suddenly feeling rather self-conscious. I cross my arms in hopes to cover up something, but there really isn't anything to cover since I'm pretty much fully clothed. 

"Darling..." He puts a hand on my bare shoulder, and I take another quick peek at his bare chest. "You don't have to cover yourself up."

"Well... I like to?" I say, making it sound more like a guess than a fact."

"Alright. I'm not going to force you, but you do have the body for it."

That statement causes me to groan lightly, and I roll my eyes. "Fine. I'll do it for you, Tom, because you asked ever so nicely," I say sarcastically. 

He just smirks lightly and stares at me as I pull of my tank-top and shorts right in front of him- and the people passing by. 

"Happy?"

"Well I am... But now you don't seem too happy, Cass," he points out, still smiling. 

"I'll live," I reply, smiling gently. Then I take his arm, lightly pulling him towards the beach until he starts walking along beside me. He chuckles lightly at my urgency while he slips on his sunglasses with his free hand.