Chapter 10- Strawberries, Ice Cream, and Lady Products

I knew the drive to Rainbow Bridge National Monument was a little over five hours, so I was surprised when Tom pulled into a Safeway store not even after twenty minutes of driving. I turn down the music on the car's radio and glance at Tom.

"Why are we stopping here?"

"I have a little game in mind. Something to help us get to know each other better."

I raise an eyebrow. "I apologize, but I fail to understand why this game takes place at Safeway."

He just smiles as he finds a good parking spot and pulls in. "You'll see, darling."

He shuts off the engine, and I reluctantly follow him into the store. With his sunglasses on (of course), he gets a metal shopping cart and gives me a smile as we walk into the first aisle.

I let out a laugh and shake my head. "Oh, gosh... Tom, give me that." I gently take the shopping cart from him, continuing to walk beside him.

"Why?" He asks, referring to the shopping cart.

"Because. You looked totally weird with it. And isn't this how it's supposed to be? The woman pushes the cart?"

He chuckles. "That's sort pf stereotypical, isn't it?"

I shrug. "Yes. Anyways, what are we doing?"

"We're figuring out each other's food likes and dislikes," he explains.

"Oh." I purse my lips into a thin line, glancing at some of the passing shelves. "Like... I don't like pickles?"

He smiles. "Yes, like that. I'm not a big fan of pickles, either."

While walking, I throw my small bag into the purse holder of the cart, really starting to feel like the average housewife who is going shopping for monthly groceries.

"Hm... I look over at the salad section. "Salad? Then again, everyone likes salad. I don't know why I asked."

"True. So you do like salad, I presume?"

"Yes," I confirm.

"As do I." His eyes wander to the produce section. "Raspberries?"

I smile. "My favorite berry."

"Really?"

"Yes, sir. What's yours?"

"Hm. I do enjoy strawberries."

I let out a small laugh. "Of course you do." He, in return, gives me a confused look. So I decide to explain. "Strawberries. They're sweet, romantic, and usually everyone's favorite. Just like you."

Tom smiles and slightly looks away, as if I've either flattered or embarrassed him. "I think that's one of the nicest things you've ever said to me."

I giggle lightly. "Well it's true."

Tom grabs two small containers -one of strawberries, and the other raspberries- and puts them into the cart.

"Wait, we're buying things?" I ask.

"Of course. Why shouldn't we?"

"Um... Because berries are sort of expensive?"

"Then I'll pay," he offers with a small smile.

Well sheesh, how much money does he have? But I'd rather not ask.

"No, no.. Why don't we do fifty-fifty, like always?" I suggest.

"If that's what you want, then that's what we'll do."

I groan lightly as I push the shopping cart. And Tom just smiles, knowing why I'm groaning. That handsome, amused little shit. Sometimes Tom is totally incapable of making decisions. He will constantly want to do what I want to do, and always worries about going against my wishes when he has to make choices. But that isn't always the case. Sometimes he's totally awesome at planning things. He's just... confusing. But what man isn't?