Chapter 18- One Last Dance

"Wow?" He asks, his hands still at the back of my neck, as if ready to pull me in again for yet another kiss. "That's all?"

I nod, not even able to form a full sentence in my head.

He slowly releases me. "I suppose we should get back onto the pod, huh?" He asks quietly, his eyes on the ground.

"Wow is good," I quickly say, hating to see him upset. "Wow is great, in fact. Wow means you wow-ed me. You surprised me. It was... wow-ing." I cringe lightly at my brilliant choice of words. "Amazing," I correct myself.

He lets out a small laugh. The small laugh I adore about him. "Well that's reassuring, to hear I wow girls when I kiss them."

I nod quickly, smiling. No doubt I still had a dazed look in my eyes as I looked at him, the taste of his lips still lingering on my own. We then notice that the family of three is in the pod, so we quickly follow, settling in our seats.

It feels weird to be sitting next to him. Thomas, my traveler friend. Who kissed me not even a minute ago. And, I guess I sort of expected his kiss to be soft, gentle, and small. I have no doubt that he has the ability to give gentle kisses. Knowing him, he probably loves soft, lingering kisses. But when he did  kiss me, it was as though everything he had been holding back could no longer be contained. He exploded. He needed to put his passion into something, and so he chose my lips. 

It took four minutes to get back down to the ground, and Tom and I quickly got out of there, deciding to just walk around the arch since it was free and peaceful.

"So, that kiss..." Tom says after a moment, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Yeah. That kiss."

"I don't mean to keep bringing it up, Cass, I really don't, I just feel as though I need to explain myself. And I want to know how you felt about it."

"I already told you. It was a pretty good kiss."

He chuckles. "I didn't mean how the kiss felt, I mean how you felt. How did it make you feel?"

"Oh. Well... I'm not sure. I... I sort of enjoyed it. I mean, who wouldn't?" By now I seemed to be stuttering at every sentence, and no doubt my cheeks resembled tomatoes. "I mean... It was okay. I was okay with it. You got to fulfill your wish."

"Okay. I'm happy you're not angry or upset. I don't know what came over me, really. I just thought, 'it's now or never'. And then I did it."

"Good motto to live by," I say, nodding. "I hope things won't be awkward between us now."

"Because I gave you a little kiss?" He asks with a smile. "It shouldn't affect our friendship."

But it wasn't just a little kiss, as he called it. That kiss was different. That kiss felt.... Right. I silently curse to myself. Who am I kidding? A kiss can't feel 'right'. He's just a very experienced kisser, is all. He's an actor. Isn't that what they do nowadays? Kiss people on big screens?

"You're right. It won't." I put a smile onto my face, looking up at the blue sky. "It's beautiful out today. Not too hot, not too cold."

He smiles as well. With his lips. The lips that I've kissed. God, I can't wait to tell Alice and Mary all about this when I go back home. Without Tom. Without my wonderful dancing partner. Without my loon. Without those lips of his. Without his hugs, laugh, or beautiful eyes. But with my memories.

"Let's do something fun before we leave tomorrow," I say.

"Have any ideas?"

"No, not really."