Chapter 25- Accidentally In Love

"Okay," I say, turning Tom towards me. It was time to act like a mom. "Don't do anything dumb, first of all, and don't get lost. Or stolen. You have my number, so just call me every hour. Or half-hour. Or, you know, whenever." I give him a smile. He stares down at me, one corner of his lips turned upwards, and his head lightly tilted to the right.

"Cass, you're coming with me," he says with a laugh.

"I am doing no such thing."

"Oh, c'mon, don't be a downer, darling." He carelessly throws his arm around me, guiding me towards one of the roller coasters. "What fun is an amusement park without someone else?"

"Tons of fun!" I say. "That's all I ever used to do at amusement parks, is go alone, and I had fun."

He frowns at me, and I realize how pathetic I sound.

"Okay, fine. I'm just going to go with you, and I'm not going to complain. How's that sound?"

He grins and presses a kiss to my temple as a sort of 'thanks'. "That sounds wonderful."

You know how I promised I wasn't going to fall for Tom? Believe me, I meant it when I promised it, and I had no intention on breaking it. But sometime when I wasn't paying attention -probably when I was too busy studying his cheekbones or staring into his blue eyes, or maybe just being mesmerized by his laugh- I fell for him. It's been off and on for a while now, my crush on him, but I somehow knew that I wouldn't be able to rid myself of this crush. I knew Tom had unintentionally been sweet to me, and unintentionally been so caring and charming that I accidentally fell for him. I didn't mean for it to happen. He probably didn't want for it to happen. But it has, and I'm going to stop denying it to myself from now on. Gosh, I must seem to stupid to my own heart right now. Who knows how long it's been telling me I'm in love with this man for real, and here my brain has just been telling me to ignore it, it's not real, it won't last. For once, I think my brain was wrong.

"Are you alright with going on this one?" Tom asks with a grin, pointing to a rather big roller coaster. Heck, all of the roller coasters were big here.

The roller coaster went extremely high, and, by the looks of it, very fast. It didn't go upside-down too often, though, so I knew I would be fine.

"I think the question is, are you alright with going on it?"

He laughs. "I think I'll be okay. I may need to hold your hand, though," he says with a smirk.

I roll my eyes, doing my best to hide my smile.

As we wait in line for the roller coaster, I do everything in my power not to complain. The line is too long, it's too hot, and Tom is being touchy in the heat. But I don't complain. Out loud, at least.

"I don't suppose we should try another roller coaster?" He asks after ten minutes of waiting. We were at least halfway there.

"Tom, all of the lines are like this. I think we should just stay here and not lose our spot."

"I guess you're right."

He can be so patient. But he can also be very impatient when it comes to amusement park rides.

Eventually, though, we do get on, along with fourteen other people. The roller coaster seats sixteen people in all, with two people in each 'row'.

I don't mind going fast. I can deal with going upside down some-times. I just hate being buckled into a machine with having hardly any room to move my body at all. I feel confined and uncomfortable. I think this is the reason I haven't been to one of these places since I was a teenager.