Chapter 27- Temporary

"You're beautiful. I love you."

The screen of the television shines brightly throughout the dark room, though, according to Tom, it was well worth it. He picked out a romantic film, one I hadn't heard of before.

I tried to imagine Tom saying those words to me like that. I mean, he's told me I looked pretty before. I guess I should be happy with what I can get. It's not like he should feel obligated to say such things.

I feel Tom's hand slip in mine, our fingers entwining. He was laid down on the bed with his body spread, only wearing his pajama bottoms. I practically was laying on his chest, my lower body between his legs. I thought it was a rather awkward position at first, but Tom was comfy, I grew comfy, what more can I ask for?

I close my eyes, thinking of the fireworks. It's enough to create butterflies in my stomach. We had just kissed. We kissed and kissed and kissed until the fireworks were over, and the people began to pack up and leave, and we were some of the only ones remaining in the dark. Then one of us actually managed to realize it was time to go back, and we somehow managed to act like civilized people on the car ride home.

And when we got back to his hotel room, we immediately kissed again. But don't think we went past that. I don't plan on letting this boy take me as his own just because he makes out with me at a park.

So instead of kissing intensely, we settled down to watch a movie, dressing in our comfy clothes. I am not at all ashamed to admit that I was lazy and didn't want to go get my pajamas, so I borrowed a large shirt of Tom's.

"Are you tired yet?" Tom asks suddenly, his voice low.

I shake my head. "Not entirely. Are you?"

"No."

I twist myself slightly to get a better view of him. "There are some things we could do to entertain ourselves."

We stare at each other intently for a bit before both laughing. He kisses me again, short and sweet.

I smile lightly after he pulls away, resting my hands on his bare chest. I enjoyed just running my fingers over his skin, feeling how soft it is in some places, and feeling the hardness of his hidden muscles. I even went a bit lower, over his abdomen and across his 'V' line indents near the hemline of his pants.

He grunts lightly, shifting. "Easy, tiger..." He murmurs, his voice low.

I laugh softly, bringing my hands back up to his shoulders, rubbing the tense muscles. "Sorry." I rest my head on his chest, over his heart. Over my lifeline.

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of this," he says with a sigh.

"Of what? Your shoulders being massaged?"

He smirks. "No. Of you, Cass."

"You'll get tired of me eventually," I mutter softly, my hands still moving. He seemed extremely tense for an easy-going guy like himself. The celebrity life must have a toll on him after a while.

"Oh, but I won't," he promises, his arms suddenly wrapping around my waist. He presses kisses against my forehead and down my face, everywhere he can. My lips, my jaw, and even my eyelids. I giggle, scrunching up my face slightly. He makes it so hard to have a serious conversation.

"What on earth are you doing?" I ask, smiling and hiding my face in his chest.

"I'm just kissing you," he answers, grinning.

I didn't want to admit it, but I liked it. So I just smile again, looking up at him. "But seriously-"

"I don't want to have a serious conversation, sweet," he complains. "I'm sorry. Can't it maybe wait?"