Chapter 8- Snooping

I would like to thank @ElliMau for the new cover!:) what do you guys think? (By the way, yet another update on my iPod, so sorry for mistakes!)

~

I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed, mostly because I didn't party last night like Tom did. No matter how much he begged and pleaded, I really didn't want to get crazy the very first night. So he went alone, and I stayed in the hotel room with his book collection. He brought five books, all Shakespeare plays. So I went through his bag and got them all out. Othello, Hamlet, The Taming of the Shrew, The Tempest, and Coriolanus.

And so, starting with Othello, I vowed to read them all before this trip ended.

I had been dozing off slightly with the book still on my hands when Tom came back. He wasn't completely drunk, which was good. He could still walk and answer questions. But he was exhausted.

"You didn't kiss any women, did you?" I had teased as he was changing into pajamas in the bathroom.

"Wouldn't dream of it," he answered, now exiting.

"No men, either?"

"Cassidy."

"Thomas."

The he collapsed on the bed. "No, no men."

And he hasn't moved since. Eight a.m. and still asleep. But I'm not about to wake him up.

Instead, I open up Othello and continue where I left off last night. Yes, I'm aware I'm such a 'fun' person. Thank you for telling me.

Finally, thirty minutes and some scenes later, Tom groans and slowly opens his eyes.

I smile lightly and sit up, setting my book down. "Morning, sleepyhead."

"Ugh... Can I go back to sleep, please?"

"Nope!"

"Just give me a few minutes to wake up, then." He sighs. "So... What are your plans for today?"

"Um... I don't really know. Stay in bed and read?"

He chuckles. "As much as I love your appreciation for Shakespeare, I will not allow you to do that. I'll plan a fun day for us."

"Sounds good," I reply. "But until you're actually ready to get up, that bathtub is sounding pretty irresistible.."

He smiles, finally propping himself up on his elbows. His unruly curls seem even more unruly after his rough party night, and a deep sleep. And even though he is tired, his eyes are still as blue and bright as ever. "Go ahead and take a bath," he says. "I'll wait till you're done to use the shower."

I smile. "Thank you." Then I hop up from the bed and get ready for a wonderful bath.

~

When I get out of the bath, dressed in shorts and a rather plain too that hangs off of my shoulder slightly, Tom is on the hotel's phone. And it sounds as of he's ordering breakfast.

After he orders, he sends a smile in my direction. "How was it?"

"Wonderful," I respond, smiling. "And I'll get two more baths before we leave."

He lets out a small laugh. "And I guess I'll just have to settle for the shower. I won't be long, darling. Help yourself to breakfast when it comes."

I nod, and he disappears into the bathroom.

The food came after Tom was in the shower for five minutes, and the hotel attendant just rolled the cart in the room, asked if there was anything I needed assistance with, and left. I guess I thought I would have to pay some money or something.