Chapter 35- Pennsylvania

Ugh, this story has sooo many mistakes. But don't worry. Once I finish writing it, I'll re-read the whole thing and correct my mistakes. I'm too lazy to do it now xD Also, just want to let you all know that this story is probably 75-80% done. I'm just writing as I go along, so I don't have an exact outline of how many chapters remain. 

~

"Tom, what was that?" I ask desperately for the third time, being dragged into the elevator with him.

He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose, leaning against the wall. "I can promise you, it was all against my will."

"But what was against your will? What did she do?"

"You saw it, Cassidy!"

"But is that all she did?"

"Yes, that is all she did."

"I saw her kiss you in the hallway," I say softly, staring at him. "That's why I came back down."

"Well thank you," he says. "I thought I was never going to get out of there."

The elevator door opens, and we head to our room. I knew whatever just happened to Tom was rather stressful for him, so I was ready to be there for him if he needed me.

I'm silent as we shut the door behind us, and Tom immediately starts to strip down to his boxers. And, with a sigh, he collapses on his stomach onto the bed.

I sit on the edge of the bed and stare down at him. I gently touch his shoulder, and my hand moves steadily up and down as an attempt to comfort him.

"I'm sorry..." He murmurs. "I didn't want for that to happen. I thought she really did want to talk."

"It's okay," I insist. It hurt to see them kiss right in front of me, even if it wasn't his fault. But it hurt even more to see him so upset and distressed. So even as my thoughts overflow through my mind, I never stop rubbing his back, feeling the tense muscles hidden under his soft, lightly freckled skin.

"I thought... I thought you..."

"What, Cass?" He asks softly.

I watch him a moment longer as he lies there, completely still. Only breathing.

"The banging I heard in the room. I thought you two were..."

He groans lightly. "Really? You thought I was about to bang her? Fuck, Cass, you should know better than that."

"I know... I'm sorry."

He takes my hand gently with his large one, and I'm not sure who's being comforted more by it. I continue to caress his back with my free hand, and we sit in silence for another good five minutes.

"She asked me to get back together with her," he finally speaks.

I shift on the bed. "Oh? And what did you say?"

"What do you think I said?" He asks, rolling his eyes lightly.

"Well I'm hoping you said no."

"Of course I said no. You should know by now that I really have no feelings for her anymore."

I nod, and retract my hand when Tom suddenly sits up, turning towards me. "Let's leave tonight, Cass. Right now."

"It's late... Are you sure you want to drive?" I ask. But I can sense the desperation in his voice. "Never mind that. I'll drive."

"So we're leaving, then?" He asks, just to confirm.

"If you can pack in the next ten minutes, yes."