Chapter 3 - Revengeful

Thursday, November 10th, 2016

Since yesterday had been a very good day, thanks to Calo's weird sense of humour and his copycat actions, I've had an easy morning. The fact mom picked my clothes instead of Pyper, didn't even throw me off. She picked a matching outfit anyway, so what's the problem?

Turning the lights of before going down went with ease and all in one take. I made the small mistake of not cutting my bread in four equally small pieces, but that didn't even really catch my attention.

"So, what caused you to be so... relaxed?" Mom smiles, sitting down opposite from me.

I simply shrug, munching down a bite of bread. "Had a good day, and it's resulting in a perfect morning."

"Good." Mom smiles happily. "It makes me happy to see you relax a bit."

Pyper walks into the kitchen, coughing a bit still, but sitting down next to me to eat breakfast nonetheless.

"Are you going to school again? You came home from hospital only yesterday."

"And yesterday was a good day." She smiles amused. "I feel good enough to try. But only half a day, though."

"But you're going?"

"Yeah. We can spend lunch together again."

"That would be a nice change, to not sit alone." I nod, before taking a sip of milk. "It became a bit boring, the same silence for days and days in a row."

"Well, prepare for me to talk your ears off your head." She giggles, nudging me before digging into her own breakfast.

"You can't physically do that." I chuckle and nudge her back, causing her to spill some milk over the table because she was holding her glass.

"Hey! Watch it!" She giggles amused. "I like you better when you're grumpy. Since you wouldn't be spilling my drink."

"Nah, you love me regardless of my mood." I feign a roll of the eye, causing mom to smile happily. She is taking the whole scene in, in silence, letting her breath escape before she gets up to do the dishes.

"So, what's all the rumours I've been hearing about?" Pyper turns a bit to look at me. "Is someone copying your ballerina jumps?"

Pyper is right about the only one who is allowed to joke about my girly way of jumping. Since I know she will always do whatever she can to make things easier for me. She isn't joking about my OCD, she's joking about my poor physical abilities to at least jump in a cool way.

The way Calo jumped yesterday.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I mutter, staring down as mom turned around with a surprised look.

"You do know." Pyper laughs a bit. "Who is he? I like him already."

"You haven't even met him."

"But he's behaving like you, so he must be pretty cool."

"Favre..." I whisper, a small smile on the corner of my lip, thinking back of how Calo continued throughout the day, to call everything he thought was cool 'favre'.

"What's that?" Pyper leans towards me. "Don't murmur when in company."

"Sorry, it isn't important." I shrug it off. "His name is Calo and I don't know his intentions yet."

"What do you mean?" Mom turned around again. "What is this about?"

"There's this new guy in my class. He's actually the one that got me sent to the principal last week." I tell her, rolling my eyes to pretend it's not a big deal. But it is a big deal. Because even though Calo caught most attention yesterday, he does remind people of me, indivertibly causing them to be reminded of my stupid habits. "Yesterday, he decided that Favre means cool, and that jumping to enter a classroom was an awesome way of entering, so he decided to do it too. People are now confused because he became mega popular on his first day, for getting saint Faulty Favre sent to the principal."