Chapter 9 - Hanging out

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016

The next morning, all the signs of the game are gone, and school returned back to normal again, causing me to feel slightly disappointed because I once again am the misfit in here.

But, for one day, I felt a bit more normal and I actually told doctor Delgado about it. Off course, since he and Calo came up with the idea together, he already knew about the plan. I just excitedly told him about the outcome and he seemed pleased with the results.

But as I said, school returned back to normal and I'm accompanied by Calo towards our first class of the day. Not only did I make a friend, not only did he prove to me he is indeed a loyal friend, he shares all my classes too. We have the exact same schedule and I'm thankful for faith unwinding in a way that I am now constantly accompanied by a friend.

"Okay, you just need to explain one thing." I stop Calo from entering the classroom. "When did you do it? I can't, for the life of me, figure out when you did it, no matter how much help you had."

Calo chuckles and shrugs, before he hops his way into the classroom casually.

"Hey look, it's Crazy Calo –," Jimmy calls out in mock.

"Really?" Calo frowns, while I hopped in behind him. "Crazy Calo? That's all you can come up with?"

"What, it's true, huh?" Jimmy shrugs and smirks, though his face flushed a bit. "You are crazy for wanting to hang out with Prima Ballerina."

Calo pinches the bridge of his nose, seemingly a bit annoyed, while I stand beside him, not knowing if and how to respond. "Could you, maybe, try to like, get those two brain cells of yours to work together and come up with a decent insult? This is just too easy." Calo shrugs it off, heading over to our desks.

"Too easy?" Luke calls after him. "You just don't know anything to throw back at us. You're a loser..."

"Oh, just because I choose not to lower to a level that the two of you would understand, doesn't mean that I can't come up with the same level of insults, let alone better ones."

"Yeah? Then why don't you try?" Jimmy dares him with a smirk on his face.

"Let me see. Same level, huh?" Calo turns around in his seat while I start to put my stuff in the right place. "Jackass Jimmy and Lameass Luke. Or, more suiting, Jizzy Jimmy and Lezzie Luke."

"Lezzie?" They both frown, before laughing at Calo. "That's so lame..."

"It means lesbian." I roll my eyes. "Homosexual, you know? That's why he said more suiting. Jizzy as in Jizz, semen, cum?" I can't help but laugh out now. "Jizzy Jimmy and Lezzie Luke, those are pretty funny, Cay."

"Wait a minute, are you insinuating that I'm gay?" Luke fumes in anger now, while the whole class became silent, looking back and forth between them and us.

"Wow, big words for a two celled brain." Calo mumbles as he puts his stuff in the right place too. "Not only gay, but female too."

"You better watch your mouth, Delgado."

"Or else?" Calo turned around in his seat to look at them with an unimpressed look on his face. "Or did you forget the fact you got beaten by a girl? I'm not afraid of you."

The class chuckles, and some even laugh at Luke without trying to hide it. It's simply awesome to see someone put them in their place for once. Or for someone to be popular enough to cause people to openly laugh at Luke and Jimmy. I've never seen it happen before, let alone the fact that very same popular guy wants to be my friend.

I'm foolishly grinning, sitting down in content, as Calo further ignores Luke and Jimmy, who can't really do much since Mrs. Gabriel just walked in.

"So, let's pretend those dipshits didn't interrupt our conversation, what was your question?" Calo casually finished setting up his table, smiling at the result.