Chapter 4 - Malicious Pyper

Friday, November 11th, 2016

Pyper is on a path of war, while I'm struggling to ignore the throbbing headache that I have ever since Luke hit me against my cheekbone.

Let's just say yesterday, after their ambush, it took me hours of scrubbing in the shower to feel better. My skin ended up red and scratched by the intensive scrubbing and the long time spent under a hot shower stream.

Mom had to come into school to look for me and it had been the janitor who found me in the corner of the bathroom stall, crying my eyes out, shaking uncontrollably, mumbling all kinds of incoherent things, in total panic.

Eventually, mom made dad come home early from work to help get me home.

I debated on staying home today, but that would simply be another victory to Luke and Jimmy. I have to go and run the day the way I'm supposed to run the day. If Pyper is capable of going to school, this soon after being in hospital for treatment, I should be able to go to school despite the bruising on my cheekbone.

But, nonetheless, I'm a bit worried about Pyper. She has been marching through the house as if on a mission, after she found out exactly why mom and I didn't come home at the regular time, dad in our company once we eventually did show up, me a complete mess, my mom crying.

Dad had been shouting in anger over what happened, and over the fact I refused to tell them who did this to me.

They'll be having a meeting with the principal first thing today, going in to demand things to change and them to take action for the bullying they've been ignoring for years.

They do every so often give detention to people who call me names, but never have they really taken any action to stop the tormenting.

Not that I ever requested them to take action, but that's not the point.

My parents are obviously fed up with it.

And so is Pyper.

After she put out my outfit of the day, she left to school early and I can't help but wonder what she's going to do. I didn't have to tell her who did it. She knew as soon as she saw me scratching my arms in an attempt to scratch off the germs. She knew when she saw the bruise on my face, my dishevelled hair, the fear in my eyes.

Mom didn't even stop her, and I think she's secretly hoping Pyper will take her sweet revenge.

"Morning sweety," mom greets me as soon as I carefully hopped into the kitchen, letting out a yawn. I haven't slept too long, since I was in the shower until late at night and mom has slept even less, since she was adamant about making me something to eat after I finally showed my face again. "Good, or bad day?"

"Average," I mutter while sliding onto my regular chair.

"How's your cheek?" She places the plate with my regular Friday breakfast in front of me, gives me the orange juice and skips the lunch, since we only have half a day of school on Friday anyway.

"Painful." I answer while she lifts my face by pushing up my chin, simply to take a look at the bruise.

"Who did it, Ne?"

"I'm not telling, mom," I whisper, casting my eyes down to not have to look at her. "They'll retaliate even worse and I can't deal with it. Its best left ignored."

"Pyper knows who they are."

"She does."

"She won't tell us either." Mom sighs, sitting down opposite from me, as dad enters the kitchen. "Because you won't tell us, she won't tell us. How come we have the only two children who do not rat out each other's secrets to annoy the other?"