Chapter 27 - Trust

Thursday, February 9th, 2017

As I wander through the school's hallways towards my next class – which is drawing class – I find Carson lingering around the door of the classroom, causing a smile on my face to break through.

Every since he helped me to get home a week and a half ago, patching me up andkeeping me company until my parents came home, I spend either my time in hospital with Calo, or anywhere with Carson.

It's safe to say he's now my best friend besides Calo and the fact I made another good friend makes me cheerful and actually makes me enjoy most of my days.

I haven't had a bad day since I met him. Being with Calo, and him opening up to the idea of being homosexual, hanging out with Carson and learning tons of things about OCD and anxiety disorders, and Luke not bothering me any longer all help with having good days.

It didn't even cause me to freak out when my parents told me Pyper was rushed to hospital because she had a spiking fever all of the sudden. I stayed calm and reasonable and asked all the necessary questions to get the right information.

Pyper is home now, but far from capable to go to school. At first, I was afraid her being in hospital, and Calo too, would equal me having to spend lunch alone again.

And then there was Carson, who I never saw in school before. And quite rare too; he never heard of me either.

He's in the top class of school, and they mostly have classes far away from where I have my classes and his class isn't really involved in any of the regular high school drama. His class has 12 students who are all aiming for bright futures at the best universities of the country.

They're too busy for ordinary bullying or any other drama. According to Carson, besides him there's only two others who even had a relationship. Most are either too shy, too busy or not allowedto have a relationship. Some of the parents of those kids are lunatics, keeping their kids fully focused on school and telling them relationships are part of the adult life and shouldn't distract them from their school and getting A's for every test.

Carson is one of three who's socially skilled enough, not too busy and allowed to do whatever he wants.

And Carson applied for Stuyvesant University, which is the best in the country, and he's pending approval – having to show that he can keep up his biology grade, which had been faltering slightly after he found out he has a brain tumour.

Which reminds me of my cousin Milan a bit, who was also pending approval to get into Stuyvesant University, but now most definitely has to retake his final year in high school.

He'll be mentally capable of finishing school, it's just a question when he'll be able to go back to school.

"Hi there, Nee." Carson greets me with a courtly nod, pretending to take of a hat that he isn't wearing.

I chuckle and smirk at him. "Hi Carson."

"I was looking for you."

"You saw me an hour ago during lunch." I frown slightly while he follows me into the classroom. "And shouldn't you be in class right now?"

"Free period. I'll go back to studying in a minute." He sits down on the empty stool beside me, which belongs to Calo. "Or I could persuade Mrs. Gabriel to let me stay here and help you... draw?" He frowns as I got my drawing from the rack. "Shouldn't you use paint?"

I snort and send him an amused look. "You're funny, Carson."

"Why-... Oh. Huh, you and paint aren't friends, huh?" He chuckles. "Germs, OCD, anxiety? Which is it."