Epilogue

Sunday, July 30th, 2017

I'm hurrying around the house like a chicken who'd lost its head. I have no idea where to find everything that I need to take with me.

Pyper, in the same time, has been doing practically the same, though she made a list she's checking things off, to make sure she won't forget anything.

"Give me that list." I demand, stretching out my arm to take it from her. "I'll get it back to you as soon as I've written it down for myself."

"No, you make your own lost. Mom helped me with mine. Go bother her." Pyper counters, stuffing the paper into her pocket before sticking out her tongue. "I don't have time to wait for you to copy it."

"Pyper! You promised to help me!"

"Help you pick out outfits!" She calls after me since she left her bedroom to grab stuff in the bathroom.

This vacation is going to be the death of me.

It's too much stress.

It really is.

I'll be living from a suitcase for four freaking weeks and I'm not sure I'll survive.

Well, technically not a suitcase since we will have rooms with closets to unpack our stuff for the time being.

The Delgado's are taking the four of us on a vacation in their summer residence in the mountains. I'll be sharing a room with Calo – after hours full of discussions and arguments with both our parents.

As if we never did stuff before. We were allowed to sleep together for the past seven months already, so why make a big deal out of this now?

I won the discussion, finally, after I told my parents it be a great practise for once we would be ready to move out and rent a dorm room on campus.

Calo is going to have a room already, but he requested no roommates because of my situation and his own.

School didn't want to accommodate us in all of our needs and said Calo had no need for a private room. I did, but I wouldn't be moving to campus yet.

Eventually, I signed up to room with him, though I'm not going to live there for now. But it does mean Calo will have a two-person dorm room to his own, and I can stay over whenever the hell pleases me.

And then we'll take baby steps, until I'm ready to move out of my parental home, and we're both ready to move into a room together.

Now we're allowed to share a room with en-suite bathroom and see for ourselves if it would work out to live together while we haven't been together for even a year.

We don't even know each other for a year.

But I've been spending so much time together with him, that I feel as if I've known him for entire life.

And now they're taking us on vacation.

And Pyper and I have never been on a vacation, ever, so this is huge and exciting. But we're both inexperienced with packing, so we're freaking out while we have hours ahead before we're leaving.

I just don't want to forget anything.

We'll be hours away from home so I don't just get to go home to pick up whatever I forgot.

And therefor, I listen to Pyper, for once, and head over to mom to ask her to help me with a checklist of my own.

One that accommodates my personal needs.

She helps me write down whatever I need and tells me to lay out everything on the bed until I have everything, so that I can see that I did not forget anything.