Chapter 10 - Family dinner

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016

We walk past an empty living room, past the stairs leading upwards, to a large, homey kitchen. I absolutely love their kitchen. There's a large counter right in the centre of the kitchen, with barstools on one side. There's an opening on our right, in which I can see the dining room. I think their kitchen, combined with the dining room, is nearly the surface of our entire house. But the huge dining table isn't a surprise if you think about the fact there's nine family members to sit down with.

"Hey dipshit," Calo slaps a guy on his back pretty hard and I cringe at the contact. The guy just turns around as if it's nothing and he causes my jaw to drop.

They are like two drops of water; almost identical. They have the same facial futures; mouth, nose, eyes, the smirk on Seino's face recognizable from whenever Calo smirks, only slightly more real.

So, Calo does force those smirks and grins onto his face a lot.

"This is Neo." Calo gestures towards me and now the guy who is sitting with Seino behind two laptops and tons of books and papers, turns around too. Both look at me with a smile, while I'm standing still in the door opening.

"Hey, nice to meet you!" Seino turned around a bit, holding out his hand. But since I'm not standing in the door opening for nothing, I refuse to walk up and shake his hand; which then drops back down to his leg. "I don't bite..."

Calo's eyes follow mine as I stare down to the tiled floor. They're simply too small to walk on. I'd evidently step on a line.

Calo's eyes widened in realization. "Let's meet in the living room." Calo walks back out, pulling me along towards the living room. He obviously isn't mimicking my irky habits at home, as he simply walks into the living room, while I stop to see if there's need to jump. But the floor is plain, the door opening isn't really a door anyway and there's no objects that force me to jump, so I hesitantly follow him inside the living room.

Now I remember why I never minded the fact I had no friend to visit. New houses are exhausting to discover.

"So, you're Neo, huh?" Seino and the foreign looking guy walk in behind us, me stepping a bit away as Seino again offers me his hand to shake.

"Neo doesn't shake hands," Calo casually tells them. "That ugly version of me is Seino, and his friend is Prayaav."

"Hi... I'm Neo..."

"Favre." Seino chuckles in the exact same way Calo always does. "You're Favre. You're the reason Calo started using that to indicate cool things."

"You do that at home too?"

"What can I say, favre is favre."

Seino and Prayaav laugh because of him and Calo smirks with a shrug. "Where's the rest?"

"Mom went out for shopping and Tomás and Tiago are both at practise."

"Oh, right." Calo shrugs.

"And Harper and Yas are currently turning the first floor into a warzone, so make wise decisions about where you're going."

"Let's just go to my room and play videogames, you can meet them at dinner."

"Dinner?" I bite my lip. "I don't know about dinner... Cay." I really don't want to sit at a table with eight strangers and Calo, while they can shamelessly stare at my weird as habits for dinner. Besides, Mrs. Delgado doesn't know how to hand me my food.

"I'm sure you do. Mom makes the best... oh." He cuts his sentence short. "You probably don't like eating spareribs, do you?"

"No, but it's fine, I can have dinner at home..."