Chapter 6 - Stay

We're all going to die. We don't get much say over how or when, but we do get to decide how we're gonna live. So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live ? Is this the person you want to love ? Is this the best you can be ? Can you be stronger ? Kinder ? More Compassionate ? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out and decide.

📍Seattle, Grey-Sloan Memorial hospital

Teddy's POV

I could hear voices around me and my head hurt so much. When I opened my eyes I could barely see anything because the light dazzled me too much.

Cristina - Dr Altman ! You're awake !

Owen - Teddy ! How are you feeling ?

After several seconds, my eyes have adjusted to the light and I could see Cristina and Owen's faces over me.

Owen - Are you okay ?

Me - I think so...

Cristina - I'm going to stay a few days more, so I can be sure you'll be okay, and then I'll go back to Zurich. I have a hospital to run.

Me - Thank you Cristina.

———————————————————

Cristina's POV

I was in the cafeteria, talking with Meredith.

Meredith - So, how's Teddy ?

Me - She woke up, she's gonna be fine.

Meredith - It's good. And Owen, did you speak with him ?

Me - We didn't really speak, except about Teddy.

I didn't really want to tell her about the fact that Owen hugged me. It was just a hug after all.
Alex came and sat down next to us.

Alex - Still here Yang ?

Me - Yes, I'm staying a few more days to be sure Teddy will be okay, and then I'll leave. You're stuck with me, I said, by picking food in his plate.

Alex - Hey ! Don't touch that, it's mine !

Me - Don't be upset, evil spawn.

After eating, Meredith and I were wandering the halls in the hospital when we saw Owen and Amelia.

Meredith - Hey !

Amelia - Hey Meredith ! Dr Yang.

Me - Oh you can call me Cristina.

Amelia - Okay, Cristina. We've met before, but we've never had the opportunity to talk.

Me - Yeah, that's true.

Amelia - You know, I heard a lot about you...Oh, I have an idea ! You could come for dinner tonight ! Owen, what do you think ?

Owen - Sure, why not.

Amelia - Meredith you can come too.

Meredith - Oh I can't I have a surgery tonight.

Amelia - Oh okay. So, Cristina ? Is that alright with you ?

Me - Hum...yes. Yes, it will be a pleasure to talk with you.

Amelia - Great ! You can come around 7:00 pm.

Me - Okay, well...see you tonight.

Oh my god, I was going to have dinner with my ex-husband and his future wife. What was I thinking when I said yes to this freaking dinner !

———————————————————

📍Seattle, Owen and Amelia's apartment

Owen's POV

I was in the kitchen, getting dinner with Amelia when her phone rang. She answered.

Amelia - Amelia Shepherd speaking [...] oh okay [...]sure, no problem [...] yes [...] bye.

Me - Who was that ?

Amelia - You know when I told you that I had an important lecture in Chicago, in two days.

Me - Yes...

Amelia - They want me to be there tomorrow morning. So I must leave now...and Cristina should be here any minute, I'm so sorry.

Me - It's okay. You'll be back soon enough.

Amelia - Yeah...

She went to our room, to pack some things and she left.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang and I went to open the door. Cristina was standing there, in a dark red dress, her hair flowing in soft waves around her face. She was gorgeous.

Cristina - Hey !

Me - Cristina, come in.

Cristina - Where is Amelia ?

Me - Oh, she had a call, and she had to go to Chicago.

Cristina - Oh...okay.

At first, we were just eating and we didn't speak a lot, but after a few drinks, things began to lighten up.

———————————————————

Cristina's POV

Owen and I were talking and laughing. I felt so good when I was with him.

Owen - So, when are you leaving ?

Me - I'll stay until the end of the week, and then I'll come back to Zurich.

Owen - Okay...

He was looking at me, with his beautiful blue eyes. Then, he came near and suddenly pressed his lips on mine.

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
And it takes me all the way
I want you to stay.