Chapter 7 - Down

Too often, the thing you want most is the one thing you can't have. Desire leaves us heartbroken, it wears us out. Desire can wreck your life. But as tough as wanting something can be
...the people who suffer the most, are those who don't know what they want.

📍Seattle, Owen and Amelia's apartment

Owen's POV

I didn't know why I had kissed her. Well, in fact, I knew why. I'd always loved her, even when she left, I continued to love her, even when I proposed to Amelia, I continued to love her. And now she was just in front of me, more beautiful than ever. As my lips touched hers, my mind went blank, I thought of nothing, even if I was gonna marry Amelia.

We kept kissing each other, she put her hands on my neck, and I put mine on her waist and in her hair. Her lips were warm and sweet. Then, I started taking her clothes off and then my clothes were off.

———————————————————

📍Seattle, Grey-Sloan Memorial hospital

Meredith's POV

I passed Maggie coming out of the OR after my surgery.

Maggie - Hey Meredith ! Did you know Amelia went to Chicago tonight ?

Me - Hum...no I didn't know. How come ?

If Amelia had to go to Chicago, that means that Cristina and Owen were alone.

Maggie - They called her because they wanted her to be there tomorrow morning.

Meredith - Oh okay, thanks for telling me.

I decided to call Cristina to see how it was going. Because these two together, with nobody else...
The phone rang several time, but she wasn't picking up. Cristina, what are you doing ?

———————————————————

📍Seattle, Owen and Amelia's apartment

Cristina's POV

When I woke up, the following morning, I was lying on Owen's chest. Oh my good, what did we do ? I got up, and got dressed again. I tried to leave, without making a noise, but Owen woke up.

Owen - Cristina...

Me - I'm sorry Owen, I have to go.

Owen - No stay with me please.

Me - Owen, you're getting married. We should never have done that.

Then I left.

📍Seattle, Grey-Sloan Memorial hospital

When I arrived at the hospital, my mind wasn't really clear, I couldn't face him anymore, and Amelia ! What would she say if she found out ?
But on the other hand, I haven't felt this good in a long time.
It was at that moment that I realized something. Something that I already knew in fact. It was him. It was Owen the missing part of my life.
But it was completely impossible. He was getting married here in Seattle, and I had a hospital to run thousands of kilometres away. Besides, we're poison for each other, we've never wanted the same things.
So, I made the decision to go back to Zurich as soon as possible, Teddy was fine and Maggie was here, and I couldn't stay one more day so close to him.

———————————————————

Meredith's POV

I had just arrived at the hospital when I ran into Cristina.

Me - Cristina ! What are you doing ? Why you didn't answer me last night ?

Cristina - I'm so sorry, I decided to come back to Zurich early. I have to go back.

Me - But...why ?

Cristina - I'll explain later, sorry I have to go.

Me - Cristina !

But she was already gone.
I decided to go ask Owen if he knew anything. I found him in the ER.

Me - Owen !

Owen - Yes ?

Me - I was just wondering if you might know why Cristina decided to leave Seattle today ?!

Owen - Uh, no, I don't know. Sorry I have a patient, I gotta go.

Me - Owen !

Something definitely happened between these two. Question is, what ?

———————————————————

Owen's POV

Cristina was gone, and I loved her. But she was gone and Amelia will be back soon and we're supposed to get married in less than a month. I had a choice to make. Either I leave Amelia and I tell Cristina she's the love of my life, which means that I will probably never have kids, or I marry Amelia and I try to forget the love of my life.
What was I going to do ? It was a big decision and not an easy one to make.

Not ready to let go.
'Cause then I'll never know
What I could be missing.
But I'm missing way too much.
When do I give up
What I've been wishing for?