Chapter 19 - Euphoria

The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance, and time, and logic. Because some ties are simply... meant to be.

📍Paris, the mall

Owen's POV

We were in a clothing store, looking for maternity clothes for Cristina.

Me - Honey ? What do you think of this one ?

Cristina - I don't care about what I'm wearing as long as it's not pink and frilly.

Me - Okay, you could try it on.

Cristina - Okay, let's go. I'm going to try on these, too.

When she was trying on the clothes, we were laughing and she seemed truly happy, for the first time since I came here.

Cristina - I'm going to take all of them.

Then, we went to the baby store.
I was so excited to see all these baby things. The tiny clothes, the toys, the baby bottles, and lots of other things. It made it more real.

Me - Let's go find some clothes for our daughter !

Cristina - However, I don't want to buy too many pink clothes. It's too...girly.

Me - Okay.

We were strolling through the store when Cristina called me. I joined her.

Cristina - Owen ! Look at this, this is sooo cute.

She was showing me a tiny cream-coloured sleepsuit, with silver stars on it. I smiled 'cause I imagined our daughter in that.

Me - I love it.

I couldn't believe it, I was going to have a baby with the love of my life.

———————————————————

📍Seattle, Grey-Sloan Memorial hospital

Meredith's POV

Since Owen's call two weeks ago, I hadn't heard from him or Cristina. It's as if they disappeared and everything was normal. I didn't think something bad had happened to Cristina, otherwise Owen would have told me. But something had definitely happened, and I was upset that she didn't tell me what. I was her person, she could tell me anything.

I heard Maggie calling me.

Maggie - Hey, Meredith !

Me - Hey !

Maggie - I wanted to tell you that Amelia is fine, she called me yesterday.

Me - Oh okay, thank you for telling me. Are you sure she's fine ?

Maggie - She told me her job in Chicago is perfect and she seemed delighted.

Me - Okay, but what about Owen ?

Maggie - She said that she wanted him to be happy and that she didn't blame him.

Me - It's good that she moved on.

Maggie - Yeah.

———————————————————

1 month later

📍Paris, Cristina's apartment

Cristina's POV - 27 weeks pregnant

I had just got up and I was in the shower, the warm water running down my hair and my body. It was one of the things that relaxed me. That and eating. I was caressing my belly when I heard the door open. I didn't bother to turn around because I knew what he was going to do. He came into the shower, put his hands on mine and gave me a kiss on the neck, with his soft lips.

Me - Hey, I said by kissing him. Did you sleep well ?

Owen - Yeah, and you ?

Me - Yes...more or less.

Owen - The baby kicked you ?

Me - Yeah.

Owen - Hum...I thought of something...

Me - What ?

Owen - ...Would you go on a date with me tonight ?

Me - ...A date ?

Owen - Yeah, like our first date since we got back together. And the first one was not as I imagined it would be.

Me - Because you were late and we ended up in the shower fully dressed.

Owen - Yeah.

Me - But, I have nothing to wear.

Owen - No matter, you're always beautiful.

Me - No, I have to find a dress.

Owen - Well, you can go to the mall this morning while I book the restaurant.

Me - Okay, I'll see you later darling...

I looked at his wet face, gave him a quick kiss and I got out of the shower to go to the mall.
I was so excited to go on a second first date with Owen, it was like I was a teenager so excited to go to the movies with her boyfriend.

———————————————————

Owen's POV

Actually, I had already planned something special for her.
This time, I didn't want to screw it up. I wanted this date to be perfect and unforgettable.

Well, I had to get out of the shower to settle the final details for tonight before Cristina gets home.

We are here, we're all alone in our own Universe,
We are free, where everything's allowed and love comes first,
Forever and ever together, we sail into infinity,
We're higher and higher and higher, we're reaching for divinity.