Chapter 25 - Loved me back to life

It seems we have no control what so ever over our own hearts. Condition can change without warning. Romance can make the heart pound just like panic can. And panic can make it stop cold in your chest. It's no wonder doctors spend so much time to keep the heart stable, to keep it slow, steady, regular to stop the heart from pounding out of your chest from the dread of something terrible or the anticipation of something else entirely.

📍Seattle, Grey-Sloan Memorial

Owen's POV

I was still holding Cristina's hand, I laid it on my cheek, it was cold. She was the strongest woman I think I've ever met in my life but right now she seemed so vulnerable. Arizona came into the OR.

Arizona - You need help ?

Alex - Yeah, I think we should deliver the baby by C-section. Charge again ! Clear ! Come on Cristina !

Arizona - Okay, I'm coming.

Me - Cristina...I love you...please, live...live for me, I said between sobs.

Meredith - Cristina, you can't leave us, not now, okay ?

Arizona - Owen, we're gonna deliver your baby.

I nodded, tears still streaming down my face.

Arizona - Okay, let's go, scalpel.

A few seconds later, I heard my daughter's cries, I kissed Cristina's hand and I went to see her.

Arizona - Here she is ! You have a beautiful and healthy baby girl !

Me - Oh my god, she's perfect. Thank you so much.

Arizona - We're gonna take her in newborn care, just a day or two, and run some tests, to be sure that everything is fine.

Me - Thank you.

Arizona left the OR with our baby, and I went back close to Cristina who was still crashing.

Me - Cristina, you don't die okay, I need you and above all, our daughter needs you.

Dr Bailey - Come on ! Come on Cristina !

Alex - Charge again ! Clear !

Suddenly the monitor started to ring normally again.

Alex - We got a rhythm !

Dr Bailey - Oh, thanks god !

Meredith and I hugged.

Meredith - She survived.

Me - She survived.

I kissed Cristina's lips softly.

Me - Thank you for not dying.

———————————————————

Meredith's POV

Cristina was finally fine and she should wake up in a few hours. The baby looked so cute and I was really happy for them but I still didn't know the whole story. I went to see Owen in the neonatal unit.

Me - Hey, so how is the little girl ?

Owen - She's healthy and strong. You know, Cristina wanted you to be the godmother, do you ?

Me - Really ? Yeah of course ! Do you guys have a name for her ?

Owen - No, not yet. I wanna wait for Cristina.

Me - Okay...now that everything's okay, tell me what happened, and start from the beginning, since Cristina disappeared suddenly.

Owen - You're right, we owe you a few explanations. Okay, so first, she left Seattle because we...slept together and I was engaged and then she went to Paris because she found out she was pregnant...

Owen told me everything, how he found her, his marriage proposal, their decision to return in Seattle, until the accident.

Me - Wow, that's quite a story.

———————————————————

Owen's POV

I was next to Cristina's bed, holding her hand and Meredith was on the other side.
7 hours later she was still not awake and I was starting to freak out.

Me - It's not normal, she should have already woken up.

Meredith - This may take some time, we have to be patient.

Me - It's been 7 hours !

Meredith - Owen, we should get some sleep, it was a hard day for all of us.

Me - You can if you want but I won't sleep.

Meredith - Okay, I'll just roll up out here then.

A few minutes later she was sleeping. I started talking to Cristina, hoping that she might hear me.

Me - You know, our daughter is strong and she has your beautiful black hair. I didn't see her eyes but I can tell she's looking for you...I'm so proud to be your husband and to be a part of your life. I feel complete when I'm with you, when I see you, and when I hear you. You're my everything and when you...you were crashing in that OR, I felt like I was dying because I thought I was losing you. So, please don't leave me, don't leave us.

It was at that moment that I felt a weak pressure on my hand.

Me - Cristina ?

I felt another one, and she opened her eyes.

Cristina - I'm here, I'll never leave you, she whispered.

Me - Oh my god, Oh my...Cristina ! I love you, I love you so much and I can't live without you !

You woke me up, one touch and I felt alive
You loved me back to life
Back to life, thought I died
The voices inside were so quiet
But you stood by my side
Night after night, night after night
You loved me back to life, life
From the coma the wait is over
You loved me back to life, life
From the coma, we're lovers again tonight.