Chapter 17 - Diamonds

Just when we think we've figured things out, the universe throws us a curveball. So we have to improvise. We find happiness in unexpected places. We find our way back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way. Sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong.

📍Paris, Cristina's apartment

Owen's POV

After the hospital, we had picked up some food and returned at Cristina's apartment.

Cristina - Can you please go tell Mrs Martin that I'm fine, I need to lie down for a minute, I'm so exhausted.

Me - Yeah sure, I'll be right back.

Cristina - Thank you, she lives right under me.

So I went to see her. She was really nice and you saw that she cared a lot about Cristina.
When I came back upstairs, Cristina was lying on her bed, crying.

Me - Oh, sweetheart, what's happening, please don't cry.

I lay down next to her and took her in my arms.

Cristina - It's just,...I...I love you and this baby so much,...and I'm...I'm just so scared of everything. I'm scared of losing you or...or not being a good mother.

Me - Cristina, I love you more than anything, I will never leave you and I know you'll be an amazing mom.

Cristina - Promise me.

Me - I promise.

She laid her head down on my shoulder and looked at me with tears running down her cheeks. She was so beautiful. I could not imagine my life without her,
not even for a minute.

———————————————————

Cristina's POV

Owen was looking at me, with his startling blue eyes. How was it possible to love someone that way ?

Me - I'm looking at you right now and I don't want to fall asleep because I'm afraid that you're not there when I wake up.

Owen - I'll always be with you.

Suddenly, I felt the baby kicking. I took Owen's hand and placed it on my belly.

Owen - What are you...Oh my god ! This is...this is our baby ! Our daughter !

Me - Say hi to daddy !

He was so happy and I wanted him to be like that every day because his happiness was what made me feel so complete.

Owen - I'm amazed when I look at you, not because of your looks, even if I think you're beautiful, but because of the fact that everything I've ever wanted is right in front of me.

And then, it was like we were attracted to each other like magnets. We kissed, so passionately and desperately. He was running his fingers through my hair, and I put mine on his neck.

———————————————————

📍Seattle, Grey-Sloan Memorial hospital

Meredith's POV

I was in the cafeteria with Alex, Jackson and April and we were talking about Owen and Cristina.

April - So, they are in Paris ?!

Me - Yeah, but I don't know where in Paris.

Jackson - Why Yang would have gone there ? Without telling you ?

Me - I don't know, but she's fine.

Alex - When someone leave, and not tell anyone, it means that there is something wrong.

Me - She's fine, Owen told me.

April - Maybe she has a dark secret.

Jackson - Yeah, maybe she killed someone and left the country.

Alex - And she didn't tell you because she didn't want you to help her to drag the corpse.

They were giggling.

Me - That's not funny ! I'm telling you she is fine !

At that moment, I got a call from Owen.

Me - Hello ?

Owen - Meredith ? I just wanted to tell you that we're gonna stay in Paris a few more months.

Me - Oh, okay. Why isn't Cristina calling me ?

Owen - Hum...She's sleeping right now. But it's alright don't worry.

Me - Okay, thanks for telling me.

Owen - You're welcome. Bye !

Me - Bye !

Alex, Jackson and April were looking at me.

Me - See, I told you ! She is...

Alex - If you say "fine" again, I'm out of there.

———————————————————

📍Paris, Cristina's apartment

Cristina's POV

We were on the couch and Owen was stroking my hair. I loved when he did that.

Owen - So, what do you want to do next ?

Me - What do you mean ?

Owen - Well...do you want to go back to Seattle or to Zurich,...or stay here. I mean, if you want to see Meredith.... Whatever you decide, I'll come with you. I'll follow you anywhere.

Me - I think...I think we could stay here for the moment. We're fine here, just the two of us. And the baby.

Owen - Okay. I'll call Meredith to tell her.

I knew that we'd become one right away
Oh, right away
At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes
So shine bright tonight, you and I
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky.